~ 31

On my face is a confused expression. Why didn't I realize this immediately? Those eyes. His expression. The way he looked at me before attacking...

"(Y/n)?" Ethan's voice snaps me back to reality.

"Eh?" I realize I've been thinking out loud.

"What are you talking about?" Signe asks, raising an eyebrow.

"The snake..." I say, letting my thoughts take over again, "didn't something catch your eye with that animal?"

Ethan and Signe eye each other before both shaking their head.

"Sean," I say.

The two cock their heads, giving me a sign that they still don't get it.

"The snake. That's Sean!" Geez, do they get it now?

Ethan's eyes widen but as for Signe, she  still has her poker face. I assume she must be thinking.

"Wait," Ethan's expression is back to the confused one, "how do you know that for sure?"

I shrug my shoulders, "who else? And the fact that Tyler was in that room with the snake, just proves it."

"Still I-" Ethan is cut off by Signe.

"Ethan. It's true." She looks at the ground, her expression still hasn't changed.

"Did you know?" I ask. My voice is full of curiosity.

She nods, "well I only assumed it had to be true. He isn't the most smooth shape shifter when it comes to it. He left a lot of trails and such, never cleaned up after himself."

"And you're the only one who knew? Or- assumed?"

"I don't know for sure, but I do think so."

From behind us, a groan can be heard from Tyler's cage.

"Let's get to the living room," I say as I walk out.

Signe and Ethan follow.

Entering the living room, and sitting down on the couch, I suddenly realize something.

"Er, guys?"

The two turn to look at me, "hm?"

"Remember what Amy said?" I ask, standing up already.

I see Ethan and Signe think, puzzled looks as their expression.

I roll my eyes, "we needed to get back to that room when we were done-!"

Immediately, the two stand up, not even saying anything, and start walking for the door.

As they reach the door, however, it's slammed open and Amy, Kathryn, Mark, Bob and Wade stand there.

Ethan and Signe seem to jump at least 3 meters into the air.

"Geez, Amy," Signe says, "you scared us."

You'd expect Amy to react with a sense of sorry, but instead a little chuckle escapes her lips. Nevertheless she still apologizes.

Signe and Ethan smile in return.

"We were just about to get back to that room," Ethan says.

Amy nods, "I know, but it's nod needed. Felix is gone and we made sure he won't come back," she says.

"Did you-?" Killing him would be the first thing to pop up in my head, so I want to ask, just to be sure.

I see Mark shake his panther head behind Amy before he walks into the room and into the kitchen, I assume to change back as he has his clothes in his mouth.

I follow him with my eyes before turning back to Amy, "you didn't?"

"No," she says as she shakes her head as well, "I'll tell you all about it, but first you guys tell me what happened and before that, we all need to change."

I nod. As I turn to look at Ethan he's already changed back into his human form. Well, I should say, his glamour is on again.

He's sitting on the couch and pats the spot next to him, signing me to sit next to him. I do.

We patiently wait for everyone to change. One by one they go into the kitchen as another person walks out. First Mark, then Amy, Kathryn, etc.

As everyone is sitting on the couch, the ground and/or a chair, Mark start talking.

"So," he begins, "tell us what happened on your end."

I do. It's not such a special story to tell, not too impressive.

"But-" I say I want to share this with the rest, "The snake we caught and locked up, we have a feeling who this snake might be."

"Who? Sean?" Bob asks. I sometimes forget that there are so many people in this building.

I nod in response.

"That's actually pretty logical," I hear Kathryn say.

We go on and on about how Sean might be and is that snake, but eventually come to the story of Amy and what they did to get rid of Felix.

"Not too much of an impressive story," Wade comments.

They start telling Signe, Ethan and me how the found him and led him to outside, which, might I add, is pretty dangerous as the apocalypse is still going, and led him incredibly far from the building with a blindfold. When they went back they made sure to erase all the smell of them to prevent Felix from finding his way back.

As they finish their story, the three of us nod.

"Good," I say, "so he really won't come back."

They shake their head. A feeling of relief washes over me. Do we finally get to rest for a bit?

"(Y/n)?" I hear Ethan suddenly say my name.

I turn to look at him, "Mhm?"

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

I nod, "here? Or-?"

"Your room, if you don't mind...?"

"No, no of course not."

Ethan stands up, I follow his moves.

The others give us a confused look.

"We're gonna talk for a bit, " I tell them as I walk out of the living room.

"So," Ethan starts as we sit down on my bed and he has closed the door, "about the whole thing that I "need" you..."

// Oh me oh my~ update WOO~ //