~37

"Now that you're pixie, what's the plan?" Amy sits across from me on the couch, while my butt is planted on the not-so-comfortable floor.
I look up at her, "to stop the apocalypse." My voice is calm, the answer determined. "To get Tyler and Jack to help us. And to fight," I say as I stand up. After sitting on the floor for some time, my butt hurts and I have to at least get up, and maybe find another seat. Ethan, who is sitting next to Amy on the couch, stands up for me. I thank him.

"So what's the priority?" Mark asks. He's sitting in a chair, a glass of water in hand. "I mean, we could stop the apocalypse first, but perhaps it would be better to get that snake and his buddy to come to the quote unquote good side." Everyone agrees.

"Does anyone have any idea how to get those two on our side?" Kathryn comes out of the kitchen with a drink. I shake my head, "No clue. We have to convince them in one way or another that together we are stronger and, if we manage to stop the apocalypse, we'll all be safe. I don't think they will care the least, though."

"Just say that they get to fight and kill a bunch of zombies," Wade jokingly says. Mark looks up, there's a sparkle in his eyes; the kind of sparkle that appears whenever he has come up with a good idea. "But Wade," he says, "that's exactly it! They're simple, way too simple. Just tell them they get to fight a lot more people than just the few of us. They've been so keen on killing people, maybe it'll work!"

Mark is right, those guys have been after us for a while now and maybe, just maybe, by offering them a lot more souls (or do zombies even have souls?) they might help us. Another reason for them to be on our team, is that, when we have killed all the zombies, there is less danger and they can kill us more easily. A shiver goes down my spine: why would they want us dead anyways? What have we done to them?

Someone waves their hand in front of my face, and I notice I've been staring into nothingness. I shake my head to wake myself from my thoughts. "(Y/n)? Hello?" It's Amy.
"Sorry, sorry," I say, "I was just thinking about-"

"(Y/n), we need a plan. A solid plan. And a solid plan B, in case everything misfires. And since there's not that much time left before another apocalypse starts, we need them now." Ethan looks at me with a determined, yet worried look and I realize it's serious business now. No more fooling around. No more pretending to know what we're doing. No more hiding. It's time to take matters into our own hands and find a way to stop this. One way or another. I don't know how we will do this, but we will, together. I just know it. I look around the room at all the other and notice everyone's looking at me with those hopeful puppy eyes, perhaps thinking that'll convince me even more. Little do they know, there's no need to convince me even more: I'm already determined to stop this, once and for all.

In a split second I'm on my feet, my hands have turned themselves to fists, my muscles feel tight and adrenaline is coursing through my veins. "So here's the plan: first, we need to convince Jack and Tyler to team up with us. Second, we need armor, weapons, etc. since we have enough, that won't be much of a problem. Third, we can't take on those zombies if we stay in one big group. We need at least two teams. Ethan and I are strong enough to be a team with the two of us. Mark, Amy, Bob and Jack. And Wade, Kathryn and Tyler. That'll do. Then, while communicating with walkie-talkies and such, we split up and fight. This might take days, weeks, months, or even years before everything is save again. But we'll fight. We'll stop it."