~36

"(Y/n)!!!" I hear Ethan's voice above everyone else's. In a flash, I open my eyes and see that he's hovering over me, a worried look on his face. His hands rest on my shoulders.
"She's awake!" I hear Mark screaming. Ethan's worries look doesn't disappear, however. "Are you okay?" He asks as I sit up in bed, still dizzy and a bit nauseous. I nod, "not bad," I say. Ethan let's put a sigh. He's relieved.

I raise my hand to my head and notice that it really worked. My hand looks odd. Grey. Pixie-like. I'm surprised no one has said something about my appearance, because when I go to the bathroom to take a look at myself, I'm scared of the person- if you could even call it that- staring back at me. It's almost horrifying. But it is really me; I blink, the thing in the mirror does too. I raise a hand, the thing does too.

I walk back into my room. I notice everyone but Ethan has gone, that's odd. "Where's everyone?" I ask him and almost trip. I feel dizzier than before, perhaps it has something to do with seeing what I have become.
"I asked them to leave for a bit," Ethan says. He pats the spot next to him on the bed, and I sit down.

"You'd probably like to know how you can turn your glamour on?" He starts. As if he can read my mind, I think.
"Please," I answer.
He explains that when you want to turn your glamour on- or let it disappear- you have to sort of cross your eyes, but one of them has to look straight forward. I giggle.
"Yeah, it looks really stupid, I know. But it works. And I've heard that there are other methods, too. But I don't know what they are.
"Try it," he says.
My cheeks flush red. Just at the thought of doing that in front of him, I immediately feel ashamed. Ethan notices. "Come on," he says, "it's alright. Nothing to worry about. I've seen my people do it all the time and after some time you get used to it. You won't look stupid to me, really." He gives me an honest and caring smile. I sigh and try it.
When both my eyes are in their normal position again, I look at myself and notice it's worked.

A sigh of relief escapes my mouth.

"Now, should we go back to the others?" I ask.
"Actually," Ethan starts, but then he thinks better of it and agrees to go downstairs where we find the others in the living room.

"How are you feeling, (y/n)?" Amy asks me. She stands up from where she's been sitting on the couch and tells me to sit down, to rest a little. I do.
"I feel a lot better," I respond.
We sit there for a while. Amy has fetched me a glass of water and I gulp it down immediately. Saying a thank you to Amy afterwards.
"How long have I been out?" I ask them. They look up at me. I think they didn't really expect the question. At least, not right now. On the other hand that would be odd.
It's Kathryn who answers. "Almost two days," she says. My eyes widen. I expected to be out for a few hours, not two full days!
"Oh Jesus!"
She nods, "It's not nothing. But we were afraid that you might not wake up, so we were trying to wake you up. Apparently it worked." I smile at her.

"Did you dream of anything while you were gone?" I turn to look at Bob. I explain everything. My dad. How odd it felt. How odd, but also how calming and reassuring it felt. How warm.

It's hard to believe that I finally saw my dad after all those years. It's the same feeling I had when I met these people. Like I finally have a family.