Are you real?

We finally got back to the game shop and luckily Yugi's grandpa wasn't in so Joey got the key from Yugi's pocket and unlocked it. It looked like it was bigger and much brighter, maybe they did a paint job? "Yugi's room is upstairs, go put him up there and then we'll wait for the old man to come back," Joey said and I was already at the stairs.

Walking into his room, it was decked out wit different posters. Some were duel monsters, some were different people but what shocked me the most was the posters about Ancient Egypt. Why does he have these up? Ugh there's some many questions I have about what has happened while I have been gone.

Putting him down on his bed, I thought it would be best to take off his puzzle so it doesn't hurt him if he turns over.  I went to grab it but Yugi threw his hands up, making me pull mine back. "No I won't let you have my puzzle...you won't have the Pharaoh..."he mumbled and brought his hands down. He must be in a dream where I was still a spirit.

Going a second time I manged to grab it and took it off his neck. This feels weird holding this after all this time, feels like the old times. I actually wish I was still a spirit so I could help Yugi in his duels and if that happened I might if be able to stop that other spirit taking over. Placing the puzzle on his desk, I left his room and went down to Joey.

"Hey bud how's Yuge doing?"he asked and giving him the thumbs up, he sighed. "I hate seeing him like this, he is suffering inside and none of us can help him. He doesn't deserve this after everything he has done to save everyone," he said and was almost in tiers. 

"We must be strong Joey, Yugi needs us and we need to be here to help him when we wakes up, but my question never got answered yesterday as to way Kaiba was in your house," I said and Joey started to laugh. Wait, is he blushing a bit?

"Ehh- aha well you see, when you left Kaiba got kicked away from his corporation and he completely changed. He went to everyone for help but no one helped him, but Tea took in Mokuba. Then he came to me and I saw something there that no one did and so I let him stay with me. He's kind of ehh...grown on me..." he said and rubbed his neck.

We heard footsteps coming from above which means that Yugi has woken up. "Hold on Joey I want to try something, don't tell Yugi that I'm here," I said and hid myself behind the couch. The sound of someone coming down the stairs ended and that made me think that Yugi was now standing a few feet away from me.

"Joey? What happened?" He asked and the room went silent. "Was that all a dream? It felt too real and what about Yami I know he was here," he said and I heard his footsteps. He was looking around for me, but I didn't want to be found yet. I had to try and distract him!

'Joey! Distract him! Don't let him find me yet! I wanna show him myself.' This is the first time I have tried this mind link so hopefully Joey got it. The footsteps stopped in front of the couch I was hiding behind and thought he had found me.

"Derrrr Yuge I forgot I have something for you, it might be in the kitchen in the back. If you don't mind can ya run to the back and see if a box is there?" he asked and it sounded like he walked away, buying what Joey said. "Come out Yami and explain why I was able to hear yer thoughts."

I jumped from behind the couch and smirked at him. "It's a new trick I learned Joey, it's called mind link and I can do it with anybody I am close with, but only a few can do it back to me. I'm gonna hide out the front door and when I knock get Yugi to answer," I said and left, not giving him a chance to say anything.

I'm finally going to be able to talk to him, my aibou, my Yugi. I could hear Joey talking again and even heard the little voice of Yugi. Time to put my plan into action. I knocked on the door and heard Joey ask Yugi to answer it. Once he opened the door, I could of swore my heart dropped. I was here, in front of Yugi and no magic was involved.

"No... this isn't true. I most be in the shadow realm because your gone! Your not real! Stop trying to mess with my feelings!"he cried and kept his head low as he burst into tiers. He thinks he lost and is now his spirit has been taken away. There was only one thing I could try and I hope to the gods that this works.

I leaped forward and brought him into a hug, trying to calm him down. "Yugi this isn't the shadow realm. If it was then I wouldn't be able to hug you. This is real and I am Yami, please believe me," I said and felt him push me away.

"NO! If I get close to you even if you are real then you will just leave me again! Why should I believe that your gonna stay here this time eh! You said you wanted to be with me forever then you vanish into the after life then you return!? This is a trick!" he yelled and ran off to his room.

"He... still has the darkness in his heart. Yami it might take time for him to see that you are real and not just an illusion. We'll get there soon bud so don't lose hope," Joey said and put a hand on my shoulder.

I just can't believe what I just had to see. Yugi has a point that I left before, but now this time is different. I just hope I can get him to see the truth before the darkness takes over his entire soul.