Taking a chance...

"Yami if you don't hurry up we're gonna be late!" Yugi yelled and waved and everyone else was already ahead. I had to sprint a head to try and catch up with them, but Yugi helped closed the gap and we ca-laded with each other. We ended up giggling like little school girls as we just were laying the grass and cuddled each other. 

"Hey Yugi...I wanna ask you something,"I said and he nodded his head against my chest. I guess now would be a better time then any. "Would you consider going out on a date with me?" I asked and my face was growing more warm. Looking down at his face, he was also going red which made me worse.

"Of course! Would I ever say no to you!" he yelled and hugged me. This almost seems not real...but this is the moment I have always been waiting for. We must of sat for a while just hugging each other until everyone joined us. Their faces were all smiling but someone came from the outlines. No way! Is that!?!

"Hey guys, don't leave me out of everything!" he yelled and got closer. It was Tristan. But how?! Did he get out of the shadow realm on his own? I looked around to see everyone smiling at him as he got closer. Something doesn't seem right, why are they all so happy to see him appear out of the blue. I looked down at Yugi and his face was the same at the others.

I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming but once my eyes were back to normal, everyone was gone. Tea, Joey, Tristan, Kaiba...everyone was gone bar Yugi. His face was covered by blackness and I was starting to panic. "Yugi? Yugi wake up! What's going on?!I yelled and shook him. He then just started to laugh like he did when I saw him duel and his eyes changed from the amethyst colour...to the eyes I used to have when I couldn't control myself.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU DESERVE THIS YOUNG BOY'S HEART? AFTER THE AMOUNT OF RUBBISH YOU PUT HIM THROUGH!"he yelled and got off me. My heart started to ache and when I looked down, darkness was coming from my body. "I HOPE YOU ENJOY SUFFERING ON YOUR OWN!" he yelled and disappeared but I could of swore I saw a tier coming down his face.

"Yugi....Yugi..."I cried over and over. I had lost him, he gave up and let the dark demon take over him completely... It was all my fault...I didn't try hard enough! I didn't keep my promise that  I would protect him and I let this happen! There wasn't anything I could do but cry my eyes out and hug myself as the darkness slowly ate away at my body...

"...mi...Yami? Yami wake up!" I heard and shot up in a deep sweat. I was shaking so much, my whole body is freezing. Yugi was sitting next to me with his hand on my back, rubbing up and down to calm me down. What the hell is going on? Why do I keep waking up to nightmares...Yugi brought me into a hug and I could finally start to calm down. "Shhh it's ok, tell me about it or if it's too hard then don't force yourself..."

"N-no it's alright...it was about everyone together and we were all having a good time...until Tristan came back. I tried talking to you but you had...turned...the darkness then began to eat away at me and that's when you woke me up..."I mumbled and just kept my head in his chest. he nodded as I was talking but I then remembered I left out a small detail...I never told him I asked him out on a date...and I will never tell him for now.

"It was just a dream Yami...don't worry about it. Do you want to stay here for a bit?"he asked and I figured I might as well take this chance. I nodded my head and he lay down with me. It must of been hours that we lay there, cuddled to each other as I tried to calm down from the nightmare I had.

No of us actually moved, no matter how long we stayed there...until the doorbell went. Yugi sighed and tried to sit up. but I didn't let him up. I tighten my grip on him and he looked down at me in confusion. "Just humour me for a bit..."I said and brought him down so his head was on my chest. The warmth of my body warmed me right up...and just having him close to me is enough for me to fall right back asleep.

"Hey listen to me and don't say anything...I wanna do this and your gonna pretend I never did this,"I said and put a hand on his eyes. He might never be able to look at me the same again...but it's like Joey said I need to do something now. I moved closer until the gap between us was short. I can't believe I'm doing this...but I don't want to live knowing that I didn't try. I kept moving until my lips met his, how I have wanted this.

I went to move away from him, but what he did caught me off guard was that he wrapped his arms around my neck. I must be dreaming again...but this is just impossible. We must of kissed for so long until the door went off again and caught me out of my trance."Um...I-I guess I'll get the d-door," I said and got up from under him and went to the door. 

Oh god I can't even begin to think of what I just did, he isn't going to even talk to me now... opening the door Joey collapsed in and Kaiba dropped to the ground. "We...have a situation... Solomon has appeared but he is trapped!" Kaiba yelled and hearing something went off behind me. I looked back to see Yugi at the bottom of the stairs, already dressed and had his duel disk on.

"Yami go get changed. Kaiba bring Joey in and go sit in the living room, we'll be down soon enough," Yugi said and grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs. Once we were inside, he hugged me tightly and started to cry. "Please Yami...this might be our only chance to save him..."he cried and I returned his hug.

"Don't worry Yugi, we aren't going to let this chance slip out from our grasp. I promise you that."I said and held him close. Even after what I did to him...he still stays close to me. This is a sign...I'm going to help him at any coats.