Don't Remind Me

By the time Barry had got back I hadn't slept a wink, and he came over and sat on the side of the bed, "hey," he looked down at me sympathetically, "you okay?"
I shook my head, biting my lip to stop myself from crying.
"Awh, sweetie, come here," He opened his arms for a hug and I sat up, leaning into him with the blanket still wrapped around me.

"He's going to hate me," I sobbed.

"No he won't. You only did it for him, right?"

I nodded, "but it was wrong... Wasn't it..."

"Under different circumstances I'd tell you it was wrong, but you're running out of options. I know you have good intentions."

"Is Kevin okay?"

Barry laughed, "yeah, I'd say he's fine."
That made me chuckle and Barry tilted my head up, "you wanna go watch a movie and eat chocolate?"

I nodded, wiping the tears from my face, and he pulled me up from the bed, "is there even any sign of Dennis?"

He sighed, "you know that sometimes it takes a while."

"I know."

"Then stop worrying and come and watch a film with me. Everything will be okay."
He got me a bar of chocolate from the cupboard while I settled on the sofa, and then sat next to me.
"Hey, aren't you gonna give me some of that?" He asked, yanking the blanket across his lap as well.

I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder, and he put a film on.
It wasn't long before I'd fallen asleep, I guess all I needed was someone there with me.

I woke up fairly late the next morning, finding Barry sitting in exactly the same position next to me, watching the TV.
"Have you been here all night?"

"Oh, morning," he smiled, "yeah, why?"

"You could have gotten up?"

"I didn't want to wake you. You were tired."

"Thank you, but you didn't have to." I glanced at the clock. 10:35am.
"Isn't it Thursday?!"

"Yeah, don't worry I called college and pulled a sicky. You need to rest today, you hardly slept all night."

I relaxed a little, "okay, thanks."

"So how messed up are you about last night?" He tested and I sighed.

"Don't remind me."

He chuckled, "was it really that bad?"

"No, it wasn't bad... that's the problem."

"So he was good? Huh..."

"Can we not talk about it?"

"Sorry, I just didn't expect-"

"Can we please not talk about it..."

"Okay..." he waited a second, "so was he as good as Dennis?"

"Barry!" I snapped and he rolled his eyes.

"What? I want to know the details! Just because this is all horribly traumatising for you, doesn't mean I can't have a gossip."

I huffed in disbelief, "you don't need to know, and I'm definitely not talking about Dennis behind his back."

"Come on, you're no fun," he teased and I was soon laughing. I had to admit; he knew how to cheer me up. After that I didn't feel weird about talking to him about Kevin, and I found it actually helped me feel better. I spoke about what happened and the worries I had, and each sentence I said was met with a neutral point of view which made me feel a little better about what I'd done.
He suggested I talk to Kevin but I told him I wasn't ready for that yet. I wouldn't even know what to say!

"You're going to have to talk to him soon if you want to start bringing more of them back. He'll be fine, I've spoken to him about it."

"What did he say?" I wasn't sure I wanted to know but I was oddly curious.

Barry chuckled, "he had a lot to say... most of which I'm not repeating," he raised an eyebrow at me, "because you're a lady. But he doesn't seem like he's worried about seeing you again. Then again... this is Kevin."

"Oh, as long of none of its bad..."

"Trust me, he didn't have a single bad thing to say about you."

"That's good... right? Or is that bad?"

He shrugged, "until he starts sending you love letters, I wouldn't worry."

"Don't say that," I grimaced and he grinned at me, "you're such a dick!" I pushed him away and he gasped with false shock.

"Hey! I didn't say a word!" He laughed, "Stop with the violence!"

I shook my head, "you're lucky you're my friend."

"Ooh I'm utterly terrified," he put his hand to his chest, making me giggle.

"I'm getting food, you want something?"

"Always," he smirked and we both went to the kitchen.