Low

It had been long enough now to safely say that Barry's little plan hadn't worked, and I hadn't been able to face Kevin for the last few days. Barry had tried to talk me out of my mood but I couldn't snap out of it. I just wanted to go to college and focus on anything but Dennis. It was getting harder to keep myself from feeling low and I didn't want that to rub off on them. Barry had been making Kevin go out while I was at college and Orwell had formed again as a result of sitting and talking to two elderly men in the park.
He'd been there to greet me when I'd opened the front door and I'd hugged him, my mood lifted again for about ten minutes before falling again.

Barry took me aside one day after walking in on me gazing at the wall.
"Casey, are you okay?"

"I don't know. I've run out for ideas and I feel awful. I don't know what to do anymore."

"It's okay, we'll keep trying... it might take a while but we'll get there."

"But what if we don't?"

"It'll be okay, you'll see... in the meantime I think you need to keep helping kevin-"

I shook my head, "It's been days since I spoke to him, it'll be awkward."

"Maybe it will, but no one is really talking to him and he's getting fed up."

"Why is no one talking to him?"

"I don't know... no one ever really used to talk time him before, I guess they've just gone back to how it was... and a few of them don't like the fact that that he slept with you."

"What? They're not mad at me are they?"

"Not really, no. I think they find it easy to single him out. Most of the time it's unintentional, but he's starting to feel it."

"Okay, I'll spend some time with him... after college tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll let him have the light then," He smiled at me, "I don't like seeing you like this."

"Sorry, I just can't shake it... I'm just feeling sorry for myself, I'll be okay."

He put his arm around me, "let's go out. The fresh air will do you good."

"Okay." We wandered aimlessly through town while Barry chattered away to me. I couldn't even focus on what he was saying, I was too busy worrying about what I was going to say to Kevin tomorrow...