Ch.6

Emily sand Alison slowly inched their way closer together on the couch. Alison's heart felt so full, she was finally getting a chance to just get to know Emily. They talked about dreams, their goals. She learned how Emily's first choice wasn't to be a swim Coach or teacher but to be an Olympic swimmer. She felt sympathy for Emily missing out on her dream. But glad things worked out the way they did and now she may have a chance with her.

They talked for hours and are their take out in the living room, talking through their dinner. It was such a happy atmosphere something Alison barely felt anymore. "Okay now lets get into something deeper. What's your biggest secret?" Ali asked curiosity in her eyes. "Hmm now it wouldn't be a secret if I told you know would it?" Emily smiled teasingly. "Come on, one secret and I'll tell you whatever you want to know about me." "Hmm okay, I'll tell you one secret... if you tell me who else was the best kiss you ever had. You mentioned something about it earlier but changed the subject." Alison's mouth suddenly got dry and the color drained from her face as she thought about the person that gave her a meaningful kiss before Emily.

Emily got concerned and touched Ali's hand "Oh Ali, are you okay? I was only kidding I'm sorry I brought it up." Alison took slow deep breathes and calmed herself. "No I promised I'd tell you anything you wanted, it's just a complicated and hard subject to talk about." Emily nodded and softly held onto Ali's hand giving her a sympathetic smile.

"Well all the parties I went to at your house? I.. I always went hoping to even get a glimpse of you. Every girl wanted to be you and every guy wanted you even at 14, now you're 18 and little has changed. But I didn't want to be you, I had a crush on you." Alison felt butterflies throughout her stomach. "...Really?" Alison asked timidly, knowing Emily's true feelings was making her nervous. Emily nodded nonchalantly "Well yeah, you were so perfect. But I assumed you would never be with a girl, especially me." Alison softly squeezed Emily's hand "I dated a lot of people sadly, but you were always one person that always caught my eye at every party. I thought it was just me, but I had a small crush on you too." Alison smiled shyly and felt her cheeks start to turn bright red.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, let me know what you think. What do you think Ali is hiding about the other person she kissed? She took a year off of school for personal reasons maybe it has something to do with that. 😇