25: New Beginnings

I wet a cloth and pressed it to Murphy's head, watching as Bellamy walked in with Octavia. I looked to John who glared at Bellamy, I squeezed his hand and whispered. "He doesn't know, don't let him know, we're finally building a strong leadership and society" John nodded and chuckled.

"He doesn't know why I am glaring, he knows I hate him" He replied and I laughed, nodding. Bellamy walked over to us and looked at our hands then to Murphy, rage fuelled face.

"Is this your revenge, helping the grounders kill us?" Bellamy accused, leaning in close, I shot him a warning glance, we didn't need him getting ill too. Murphy looked to me and I squeezed his hand, nodding.

"I didn't know about this, ok, I swear" He sighed, I knew he already felt bad for bringing it here, not because it put everyone else at risk, because he put me at risk.

"Stop lying" Bellamy growled, I glared up at him and his gaze softened when it turned to me. I looked back to Murphy and brushed my thumb across the back of his hand

"Murphy, think, all right" I leant in closer and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "What can you tell us that's useful?" he looked to me helpless and defenseless. I looked to Bellamy and sighed. "he doesn't know anything Bellamy" Bellamy shook his head and looked to John.

"They are vicious, cruel" John defended, I frowned and held his hand up, kissing his palm gently.

"You want to see vicious?" Bellamy spat, jumping closer, I stood up and shouted

"Bellamy no!" Everyone looked to me and I stood my ground. "This illness spreads through touch, you need to be healthy to keep everything together out there, they need you and Clarke" He looked at me, sadness in his face as he saw my already blood soaked clothes and the blood all over my arms and neck.

"You stay alive Emmerson, we can't afford to lose you too" He stepped back and I nodded. "I can't lose you" he uttered, weakly before walking out of the dropship.

"Drama" One of the men cheered and I rolled my eyes turning back to Murphy and cleaning off the rest of his wounds. He started coughing and soon was leant over the hammock coughing blood onto the floor. Soon after someone else began coughing too, I looked around and soon I was bouncing between teenagers giving them all water and keeping their temperatures as stable as possible. Soon Derek began coughing and I ran to his side, Bellamy walked in just as I began to cradle the teenager who began coughing blood onto the floor, he didn't stop as I tried to calm his temperature. Soon he stopped coughing and retching, everyone fell silent and I pressed my fingers into his neck.

"Is he?" Bellamy asked and I looked up, tears in my eyes. I nodded and he ran close, his arms coming around me, pulling me into his chest. I turned away from the boy and buried my head into Bellamy's chest, dry sobbing, since the tears in my eyes wouldn't fall. He ran a hand through my hair and I looked up, realizing who it was.

"Bellamy..." I gasped. He smiled weakly and I shuffled back, wrapping my arms around myself. "I told you... you're... you could..." he shrugged.

"you're more important" he whispered, only loud enough for me to hear. I looked to John who smiled weakly and nodded to beside him with his head. "Go... he wants you to be with him" Bellamy urged, I looked to him confused and he placed a hand on my shoulder. "can't help who you love aye?" he laughed and walked over to some of the other guys in the dropship.

I walked to John and sat beside him, taking his hand in mine, rubbing the back gently. "I'm feeling better, hopefully it passes this fast for the rest of them" I nodded and he sat up, looking around to the rest of the people on the dropship, people he had infected. "I want to help, with anyone I can" I nodded and pushed him back down.