50: Slings and Roundabouts

Bellamy let out a quiet mumble as he rolled over, cuddling the pillow to his chest. My head tilted to the side and I smiled down to him. Everything we've been through, all the hurt and the pain, it vanished in moments like these, when he was vulnerable around me, when he finally let down the walls he had built up over the years. I smiled to myself and leant down, pressing a kiss to his cheek before standing up.

I walked to the door silently, peeking over my shoulder once more to see Bellamy's back to me, curled up in a ball, holding onto the pillow tightly. I shut the door lightly and made my way back through the halls, everyone I passed smiled before ducking their heads as I moved through them silently. The walk back seemed endless, until I finally reached my door again, my hand wavering over the handle. Inside is my father and my son, two things I never thought I would be able to have.

A smile formed on my face and I quietly opened the door, to see them both on my bed, asleep. My father curled into a protective ball around Lincoln, who slept peacefully beside his grandfather. I sat on the desk, watching intently as they breathed in synchronisation, both with the same restful look on their faces. As if on cue, Marcus began waking up, his legs straightening out and his eyes darting to my son. He smiled then looked up, to meet my soft smile.

"You're back?" he whispered, carefully climbing around Lincoln, who lie in the centre of the bed. Dad walked towards me, leaning against the desk. "you could have stayed longer, we're fine" he nodded to Lincoln and I chuckled.

"I can tell" He blushed slightly and I nodded.

"So, how did everything go?" Dad asked, I sighed and looked to the floor.

"I don't know, honestly. We talked through everything... again. All the pain, it feels like it's a constant discussion. He kissed me then pulled away, because he was moving too fast. We're going to try, not to be together. We are going to just be us, and get on. Things will happen or not at their own pace. For now, our people and Lincoln" Dad nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "He wants to be with me, he still loves me. I know it, and he has never been that shy in telling me it. I'm just scared to let it all happen again, especially now, with my son. I don't even know if I still love Bellamy. I care for him, he's my son's father, but do I still lovw him, now? After all we've been through" I muttered.

"Don't be, Lib. Bellamy has always cared about you, you think I never noticed him following you around as kids? He loved you from the very first day he saw you, and through all this he still does. Don't you think he wants this all to be over as much as you? Lib, you've hurt each other just as much. Don't you think you broke his heart too? He just dealt with it a different way. I can't say I agree with it, because it hurt you so much, but I can see why he did it" Dad ducked his head to meet my eyes and I nodded, swallowing loudly.

"I just wish things were simpler between us, and clearer." I chuckled, dad joining in.

"you could make things easier..." he nodded to my sleeping son. My head shook violently and he laughed quietly. "I know, and I see what you mean. He isn't ready yet, but he's trying" I kicked off my shoes and stood up.

"I think I'm going to cuddle my son, and let you get some rest" I smiled, dad shook his head then stood upright, pulling me into his chest.

"I've got work to do sweetheart, but you relax with your little boy. He'll grow up in the blink of an eye" dad smiled, ruffling my hair.

"Don't remind me" I looked over to the sleeping child, he was growing fast, already he looked days old. The pink tone that was in his skin only 12 hours ago had already faded, showing the more olive tones of his father, and his hair was getting slowly darker. "He's changed so much already"