29: Holding On

I awoke to the new day to see sun hitting the side of the tent, arms tightened around my waist. I turned around in the pale, slender arms to face my boyfriend, John was still sleeping, a peaceful look on his face. I smiled and pressed a kiss to his lips before slowly pulling myself from his grasp. I pulled on a pair of shorts I had made from someone's trousers, followed by John's black shirt. I quickly stepped out of the tent and stretched out, seeing that only a few people were awake.

"Hey, Wick right?" I asked, the boy nodded and I smiled. "If anyone asks, I'm on a run" I whispered, careful not to be too loud in the almost silent camp. He nodded and walked off as I headed to the gate. Before I could leave I felt someone grab my shoulder, I turned to see Wick again, he held out a small knife which I took, smiling gently. "Thank you" He walked off without a word, odd kid.

I shook off his unusual behaviour and tucked the knife into my waistband before setting off, feeling the grass and mud on my bare feet. I smiled to myself as I began to set pace, enjoying the hobby I use to love so much, my breath grew short as I pushed myself faster, harder. Soon I found myself back at the Lake by mount weather, the lake Bellamy and I had our 'open discussion', I rolled my eyes before stripping off the shirt, shorts and my bra. I dove into the lake, enjoying the feeling of the brisk water against my not hot skin.

"Storm?" I heard a deep, frantic voice ask. I peeked up to see Bellamy running through the clearing, his shirt on backwards and his hair a mess around his tired face.

"Bellamy?" I asked, he looked to the water and I watched as relief washed through his face, he ran to the water edge and sat down. "Why are you here?" I asked, laughing lightly.

"Wick told me you took off first thing, you were trying to keep quiet. Running, but you didn't have shoes or anything to protect yourself with. He was worried you were in danger... and he told me" Bellamy panted, I rolled my eyes and smiled, someone in the camp cared, even though I barely knew him.

"I'm fine, you should have known that. I love running" Bellamy nodded, running his hands through his matted hair. "Did he tell John?" I asked and Bellamy shrugged before shaking his head.

"Probably not. He came straight to me, and I took off running before he could finish telling me" I shook my head and Bellamy laid back. "I should have remembered though, you always run when you need to think. You loved it, and here made sense... you always wanted to know what it was like to swim freely" He looked to his side, meeting my eyes. I looked out to the water and he quickly looked to my clothes, his eyes widening. "Are you?" He trailed off, eyes focussing on my bare shoulders.

"Bellamy!" I gasped and he chuckled.

"Don't worry Doll, you have a boyfriend. I'll respect that" He chuckled and I rolled my eyes, remembering why exactly I was pissed off with him.

"Is there anything you actually want Bellamy, or are you just going to keep bugging me?" Bellamy sat up and sighed.

"No... I guess not, I just wanted to make sure you were okay" I nodded and he smiled weakly. "Come back? You shouldn't be out here alone... I'll even shut up and run in silence with you, or 10 feet back so you can forget I am even here" he offered weakly. I closed my eyes considering it, and then nodded slightly.

"But... you have to turn around, and don't peek" I ordered, he nodded and turned quickly.

"I think you're the only girl I would never be able to peek at, I couldn't do that" he sighed and I laughed.

"Am I that repulsive?" I laughed, his shoulders shook gently and he shook his head quickly.

"Rather the opposite, I respect you too much" he sighed, I pulled the shirt over my head and walked over, to stop in front of him.