26: New Beginnings, Same Story

Time passed and slowly those that had recovered were able to go back out into the camp, soon enough everyone else had recovered and I walked outside, proud that I had saved those I could. I searched for Bellamy who I found talking to Clarke, I walked up to them and smiled softly, Clarke rolled her eyes and walked off. I looked to Bellamy and raised an eyebrow, he shrugged. "Maybe pissed about John being back?" he asked and I nodded.

"Everyone is, and you don't need to hide it, you blame John for Charlotte. I know you're trying to be the bigger man, but that doesn't mean you have to pretend to like him to show that you accept me and him" he nodded and sighed.

"Fine. Honestly?" I nodded, we promised to be honest and open, so I needed to brave the truth of Bellamy's feelings. "He doesn't deserve you, that doesn't mean I do. But I don't trust the guy Lib, I mean he just comes back and slides in seamlessly. I know he's got some slack because no-one would dare cross you... but he's trying too hard. Something about it all isn't right" I nodded and looked around.

"You think I didn't wonder that, I care about Murphy and I know he wants to come back into the camp and he wants everything to be as it was, but something is different in him, and it's not just the torture. At first I thought it was because I told him about us finally seeing eye to eye. But even when we disagreed about his integration he seemed to be hiding something" Bellamy stared at me, eyes wide. "Don't make it obvious, I'm keeping a close eye. When I'm sure he is true then I'll let it go" He nodded and I walked off, looking for John.

"She's right" I hear his voice, turning to the meat shack I walk up to see Murphy and Del arguing, Octavia on Murphy's side for once, or vice versa.

"should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp" he sneered and I leant against the doorframe, an eyebrow raised and arms crossed. Del looked to me and stuttered, looking to the ground.

"anything to say Del?" He shook his head. "Murphy should be kissing your ass huh? I guess you have all the power in the camp right, you let him back"

"No Ma'am" he muttered and I saw the smirks on Murphy and Octavia's faces.

"Exactly, Bellamy, me and Clarke run this, you are nothing... and let me see, Clarke hates my ass, Bellamy hates John, so who do you really think called the shots on this decision?" He looked to John and then to me.

"You did ma'am" He muttered and I smiled.

"well done, now. Back to work, anything else to say to Murphy you run it by me first. Anything, even just a hello" I clarified and he nodded, hanging his head and getting back to work. I walked out, making my way to My tent, which may be Murphy's again, I'm not too sure anymore, I've spent most nights in the dropship with everyone that was ill and then just on my own thinking. I sat down on the bed and sighed, feeling the tiredness come over me. I laid down on the bed, feeling my head growing more heavy over time. My eyes were beginning to shut when I heard the tent rustle and hushed voice.

"Lib?" Bellamy asked, I sat up instantly and looked at him, he jumped at my quick movement then laughed. "There's been a fire, in the meat hut. No-one was hurt but all the food is ruined, people are going out. I'll be gone a while, Clarke and Finn, a lot of people, hunting parties" I nodded and stood up, swaying on my feet, I fell forwards and Bellamy caught me. "lie down Lib"

"No, I need to help" I argued, pushing him away. Bellamy knelt in front of me and shook his head.

"Lib, you've slept less than an hour every night for almost a week now, please just stay and rest. You'll only end up hurting yourself" he asked quietly, I shook my head and he sighed. "If I go youre coming?" He asked, "no arguing?" I nodded and he sighed then kicked off his shoes and put down the gun.