Chapter 26 - What Choice Do I Have

Erens POV

We get to Mr.Smiths house and talk about the events that happened, he seems concerned about the whole "I know what's precious to you" part. I'm on edge on that one too, we continuous talking about what that could mean.
"Who is the one person that is always there for you Eren besides Mikasa." Mr.Smith asks thinking of all the possibilities.
"My friends are a huge part of my life, I don't think he'd target them anytime soon. So who....could...." then at that very moment it hit me, I stand up then run out of the house and back to mine. I sprint faster then I've ever done before, it takes about 20 minutes of a non stop sprint to reach my house. Once I get there I bust through the door and scream out to see if anyone's here. It's late at night there's always someone here....but.....no one answers. I walk over to the table where there's a note, it reads the following.
"I told you that you'd pay for not joining me, even if that means the people around you must pay. Come to the docks so we can negotiate Mr.Jaeger." I grab the note and hurl it across the room, I fall to the floor sobbing into my hands. He has my mom, she payed the price for my decision. Do I join the Eldians and ensure her safety? I get up and go to my room changing into my white t-shirt and black suede jacket with a fur collar. I put on the combat boots to my outfit and my black skinny jeans. I still have my glock on me, I put it behind my pants and make my way out of my house and go to the docs, not getting help from anyone else. I have to do this alone, what choice do I have.....

I continue running until I finally reach the docs, I don't see a single body in sight. Then the doors to a cargo shipment open I see a person sitting in a chair and a few men around it. The men are a bit more huskier then me, I don't know if I'll be able to take them all on.I notice Zeke standing there and I take a closer look and see my mom sitting in the chair scared crying her eyes out.
"Let her go, right now. She had nothing to do with this. This is about me and you, let's keep it that way."
"I told you what would happen if you chose wrong. Granted I didn't tell you how I would kill you, emotionally is a great start though. Now it's time for physically." Zeke then snaps his fingers and then the men come after me one by one. I can hear my mothers screams from across the dock, I have to fight them even if I die here, I have to fight them till I can't stand anymore. The first man comes after me with a charge, I don't care about my own safety at this point so I charge right back at him with everything I've got. He falls to the floor then I smash my fists into his face until I see nothing but blood cover my hand and I can't tell if it's mine or his. I see the second man coming at me so I react quick enough to dodge the kick he has hurling at me. I roll off the floor and get up to feel the guy hitting me in the ribs, the pains excruciating but I try ignoring it and hit him in the face with multiple blows. I knock him out on the floor, at this point I'm in pretty bad shape with the pain finally coming in. I see about 6 more goons around the area, if I use my gun they'll open fire on me so I have to keep using my fists. The next guy comes up and I duck on his punch then head but him making him fall to the floor, I grab his head and smash it into my knee cap. Okay so 3 down about 5 more to go, I look over at Zeke and see him pissed that I haven't been stopped yet.
"You honestly think you're walking out of this alive?"
"Speaking truthfully here, no....I don't....but if I do I'm going to kill you with no regret." The talking stops once the fourth man comes at me with a knife, he slashes and I keep dodging each one of the slices. I do this up until he gets my in the side with a quick jab, I kneel to the floor from the pain. Then the man goes for the killing blow but I roll to the left dodging it and kicking him in the rib cage. He tumbles over the crack on the floor, I take that to my advantage and jump on him smashing my left hand into his face. I'm sure his nose is broken after that, I'm also pretty sure my hands broken too. I roll off of the man and try picking myself up from the floor. Just 4 more.....that's all. I keep thinking this until the hot liquid fills my side completely, at this rate I'll die from blood loss. I continue taking down the men until it came down to 1 last man and Zeke standing, the man charges at me with a full forced left hook. I go under it making it go over my right shoulder, I hook my right arm around his arm and nail him in the jaw making him tumble down. I finish it by kicking his head and making him fall over. I stand around 8 men laying around either to hurt to stand or unconscious. Zeke is not pleased at all from what he's witnessed.
"You think you're something don't you." He says and walks over to me, I try swinging at him but he grabs my hand before it can land. Then he wails on me non stop, when he's finished I laid on the floor half conscious. He finally seemed pleased with his work, but I got right back up still knowing I had some fight left in me.
"Alright....let's see you walk away from this." He grabs a gun from his belt and aims it at me, before I could move I hear a loud bang go off. I see blood drip from the right of my chest......I hear my mom scream and I feel my legs getting heavier and heavier until I collapse onto the concrete.