That Summer When She Loved

It is his third day of stay at the resort.

He was like Karl's shadow na kahit saan ito magpunta, he was there. Wala na syang nagawa kundi pagbigyan ito kesa naman sa hindi maging maayos ang ginagawa.

He was like a lovesick puppy chasing her.

Kung ano man ang nakita nya kay Karl at first sight, he knew he was bewitched.

The first thing he did was to drag her to the beach. Wala na syang nagawa kundi samahan ito na magswimming the whole time.

That day, it was the start of the competition that she mentioned to him a few days ago. They started it with a parade and she didn't have any choice but to be the muse. The first game was basketball and they held it on their resort dahil ito lang naman ang may court. Jeric played for their team kasama ang ilan sa mga empleyado na mahilig din dito.

She was on the bench cheering. Lamang ang team nila for the first two quarters pero agad na nakahabol ang kalaban. On the fourth quarter, she was already cheering wildly for them.

"Go Teng! Galingan mo!" she screamed. Out of 50 points, he contributed twenty five to it. She was amazed that he is that good.

On the fourth quarter, the game was becoming intense. Jeric was on the court and as he was running, someone pushed him too hard that he fell on the floor. Karl panicked when she saw him and ran.

"Okay ka lang ba?" she was very worried. "Dadalin na kita sa ospital."

"Okay lang ako," he smiled. "Isa lang magpapagaling sa akin."

"Ano yun?"

Jeric grinned mischievously and pointed his cheeks to her. "Isa lang."

Agad na hinampas ito ni Karl saka iniwanan. Jeric stood up laughing at her reaction. The game went on and their team won that round.

"Wala man lang bang reward? Nanalo kami. Ako yung highest pointer. Ikaw ang mayari ng resort," Jeric told her as they went to the venue of the next game.

"Hindi kasama sa mechanics yan ng game," saway nya dito.

"Sinong contestant natin sa swimming?" he asked her.

"Sino pa ba?"

"Sino nga ba?" Jeric asked her back.

"E di ako," she looked at him and left him behind.

*

He waited patiently as Karl went inside her room to change. The next game would be beach swimming and Karl was the representative for their resort. May mga tali na inilagay sa dagat to serve as the guide and end of the line. Kailangan makabalik ang contestant ng dalawang ulit to be considered the winner.

Then the door pushed open and Karl went out. She was wearing a shirt on top of her attire.

"Ready ka na? Galingan mo," Jeric smiled and massaged her back. "Kailangan manalo tayo."

When they got to the beach area, everyone was already there. Karl took her position and smiled at the others joining the said challenge.

"Karl!" Jeric called her.

She looked at him. "Bakit?"

"Wala naman," he said and quickly stole a kiss on her cheeks na dahilan para mamula si Karl ng husto. "Goodluck."

She was about to answer when the host called their attention to start the program. Pinakilala lahat ng kasali and as they were about to start, Jeric's jaw dropped when she saw Karl remove her shirt na akala mo walang nanonood. She then removed the button of her shorts and pulled it down.