That Sunny Day When I Saw Who I Was Hurting

I was about to get out of the room with Charm's help when I heard Tita Susan talking to Jeron. She was preparing food for everyone and I needed to stop and listen.

"Sabi ko sobrang mahal mo si Karl," Tita Susan said. Jeron said yes and Charm was giving me a meaningful smile. "I saw it in you. You were frantic when you called me. I thought she was in a life threatening situation dahil sa pagpapanic mo. Pati ang Achi mo nagagalit na sakin dahil sa pagmamadali ko sa kanya magdrive."

I must agree with what she said. Even if I was in pain, I couldn't help but notice the fact that the guy I wanted to break up with was willing to cross boundaries and violate rules just to get me to the hospital the fastest way he can. He was so worried he was forgetting how to handle things. Pagdating sa ospital, he carried me like what he usually does.

My whole body ached. The big and small wounds and scratches added to the burning sensation I felt and crying was the least I can do.

I didn't know however that I will find comfort as he carried me inside. It felt as if the closer I can be with him, pain becomes lesser.

After the xray, I found his mom and sister waiting for me. Mine is a minor accident yet he looked more traumatized than the cardiac patient's relative.

"I hope you'll do the same for Jeric," she added which took my attention.

"For Ahia? Is there a problem?" Jeron asked her.

"Maybe you were too happy to notice that he's been having a hard time. I do not know what exactly is going on but he seemed to be sad. I don't know. Tahimik masyado. Hindi na din pumupunta si Reema sa bahay. It might be because of her. I asked him but he isn't ready to speak," she told her son.

Charm closed the door as quiet as she could and faced me. "Yan ba yung tao na gusto mong gamitin para gantihan si Jeric?"

I nodded.

"He doesn't deserve it," Charm smiled at me. "He loves you. He wouldn't be here dragging two members of his family if he doesn't."

"Alam ko naman yun. Alam ko naman na mahal nya ako," I admitted. "Kahit naman sino hindi magagawang hindi lumambot pag sya ang kasama mo."

"Yun naman pala. E bakit mo plinanong makipaghiwalay sa kanya? Bakit hindi mo saktan si Jeric? Bigyan mo ng granada o lagyan ng tinik ng cactus yung pagkain nya? Tapos wala na. Why not just be happily in love and be loved by that man?"

I did not answer. Believe it or not, when I am alone with Jeron, my heart and mind constantly tells me that I have to spare him from my hatred. Everytime I hug him, I feel happy. Everytime I kiss him, all my stupid reasons fade away. I see a bright wonderful world when I am with him.

"Hindi mo ba napapansin na lahat ng plinano mo hindi mo naman natutupad? Sinusuyo ka nya. Instead of being the hardheaded girl you are, you chose to obey him. You even said sorry. You wanted breakup, the world simply showed you in a harsh way that you should not. Sa ginagawa mo, ikaw ang mawawalan, hindi si Jeron," she told me like an understanding sister. "You even asked for a hug from him."

"Charm, let's not take Jeric out of the picture. This is his fault," I told her.

"And take Jeron out of your revenge plan. Karl, I told you that your plan is a plan of failure. I realized it now that your plan is a plan of loss. A loss from this game, a loss of someone who loves you before himself. Not all men can do that, baby. Not even my Mikko," Charm comforted me. "You have to save what you have now. I don't want you to regret anything."

"I'll think about it, Charm. I promise."

I did what I promised her. When Jeron and I had some privacy, he asked me what I wanted to tell him. It took me a while before I answered his question. Instead of telling him that I want him out of my life, I told him I missed him.