That Night When He Grew A Bit Older

I made it a vow that I won't fall in love. I made it a vow as well that I won't let any man take charge of my life. I'm independent, I'm liberated. I'm not a loyalty fan. I'm not a good Big Lady to Luke and I can never be good enough to stick with one. If I stick to him, it's because he kisses well.

-Tanya

--

The problem with toy stores is that you end up adoring the place a lot. Luke loves it more than heaven and even if we knew which section to check that Sunday, we scanned the whole area all over again as if we haven't seen those the week before.

He pulled me going to the Batman section where he boasted among everyone that I am the real Batman, I just didn't wear my costume. I saw some eyebrows raise because of us but the hell I care. One even asked me if I am Luke's sister and I told them I'm not.

So after two hours, we finally got to shake hands again with Optimus Prime, his precious dear robot now. We were about to pay for it when he saw a blanket of Spidey. Luke stood in front of the blanket watching it with much adoration then he asked me with his puppy eyes.

"Big Lady," he called. "You think you can squeeze this in next time? It's been a while when I last had a Spidey blanket."

I wonder why we still get along. He's Spidey and I am Batman.

"Oh c'mon Luke Andrew! Don't give me that puppy look!" I told him.

"What? I'm not doing anything," he defended himself.

"Okay! Fine, fine! Big Lady's generous so she's getting you that blanket now," I told him, pretending to be mad.

"Really?" his eyes lit, his smile suppressed.

"Yeah. Smile now and run to the counter because if you're not there in ten seconds, I won't get th - " I said but even before I finished my statement, Luke already ran away.

Goodbye, pink sands. Goodbye, Zamboanga.

--

He had a good time at the mall after getting all his whims. Pagdating sa bahay, naabutan ko si Andie na nakaharap sa TV. I didn't say a word while Luke was obssessing over his new toy with my twin.

I went straight to my room and lied down on the bed. Patulog na ako when I felt my phone vibrate.

"Why oh why?" I answered as soon as I accepted it.

"Wala naman. Naisipan lang kitang tawagan. I just hate the hanging feeling," he answered.

I laughed. "Hanging. Bitaw ka na."

"Gusto kong may kasama pag bumitaw ako."

"Is that an invite or just an expression of desire?" I asked him.

"Both?" I heard him laugh on the other line. "I'm thinking that my ceiling's mirrored and I'm seeing you lying beside me."

"How do you like the outfit?"

"Sexy. Very sexy. I wanted to take it off last night but I don't like it when there's no response. You were too drowned on your sleep," he answered. "Besides we have an audience."

"I'm giving you the right to do so the next time you see me like that," I told him. "Oh c'mon, Jeric. I hate dirty talks over the phone. If you want some action, I prefer real ones."

"I'm kidding. I'm halfway asleep at this point," he answered. "I need my shirt back tomorrow."

Reality is, wala akong balak na ibalik sa kanya yung t-shirt nya na pinasuot nya sakin. I wanted to have a keepsake from him.