That Sunny Day When He Saw Her

It was a weekend and his whole family went out for dinner. He has been busy with practice and because of it, nababawasan ang oras ng dalawa sa pamilya. It was a good thing that they are both free that day and their parents immediately planned it.

Jeric went to see Reema off the airport that day. She was heading to Cebu to be with her family that weekend. Pinauna nya na ang pamilya sa Resorts World bago sya sumunod. He was talking to Jeron on the phone while looking for them when something caught his eye.

Karl?

He stopped talking and turned around to follow her with his gaze. He wasn't sure who he saw. It looked like Karl, better and prettier, but the lady looked too beautiful for him to doubt himself if he indeed saw the simple Karl he knew.

"Kuya? Where are you?" he asked his brother. They were already heading to the restaurant to dine but were waiting for him.

"Huh? I-I'm sorry, Shoti. I just saw someone," he stuttered. "Mauna na kayo. I have to talk to someone."

"Sino? We're going to Mercado now. Mom's hungry," he told his brother.

"Yeah, go ahead. Susunod ako," he told him. "Sige na, I have to go now. Bye."

Jeric already hang up even before Jeron did. He walked briskly to follow who he saw. Nawala na ito sa paningin nya but he continued walking. He found her inside a designer shop checking a bag. Jeric stood outside and watched her closely.

She has changed a lot. Her face still looked angelic but she has made a big difference when it comes to the way she presents herself. It wasn't surprising when she made him unconsciously do a second glance when she passed by. After all, he loved her too.

He stayed for a while watching her silently. He wanted to say hi but he knew it would be better if he wouldn't. Mukha namang tahimik na ang buhay nito and after what happened between them, it was better to give her peace.

But what is she doing in Manila anyway?

--

"What took you so long? We've been waiting for you," his mother scolded him. He kissed her and his sisters before taking his seat. He was silent.

"May problema ba?" Alyssa asked his younger brother.

Jeric shook his head. "Wala. I'm fine. Let's eat."

They started having their dinner while Jeric was deeply consumed by his thoughts of seeing Karl. Somehow, he knew something wasn't right but he doesn't know what it is.

"Mom, Dad, there's someone I want to introduce to the family soon," Jeron said while they were dining.

His parents looked at him. "Girlfriend?"

Jeron nodded. "We've been together for a few weeks. I want you guys to meet her. She's excited too. I know you'll love her."

Almira smiled. "Finally! Makikilala na namin yang phonepal mo. Kapag wala ka sa practice, nakababad ka naman sa telepono."

He laughed. "I'm sorry. I can't help but check on her regularly. She lives alone and I just want to make sure she's okay."

"What's her name?" Susan asked her son.

"No names for now, Mom," Jeron answered after thinking if he will say it or not but he realized he hasn't talked to Jeric yet. "I don't want Achi nor Dichi searching for her on any social media website."

"What, what's wrong with knowing who our bunso is dating? Jeric, do you know who she is?" Alyssa asked him.

Jeric smiled and shook his head. "No idea. I just know that she is very special for Shoti since he dreams of his chou most of the time."