That Sunny Mother's Day With Garlic Moments and Ice Creams

I saw some goodness - in the faces of Luke, of Andie, of Kevin, of Jeric. Then it radiated through me. I became Catwoman.

-Tanya

--

When I woke up, I knew I had to move really fast.

It was a Sunday and I promised Luke that we will go out. Last night was quite unforgettable and I had a good sleep after an emotionally tiring day. I don't know what happened to Jeric when he went home. I haven't checked my phone yet for any messages and I couldn't find time to read. I kicked in the air with both feet and stood up, heading straight to the bathroom.

I did my best to move as fast as I could but still ended up taking 30 minutes before I went out. I just finished putting on my shirt and pants when I saw a piece of paper slip on the small space on the door. I took it and smiled when I saw what was on it.

There was a figure of a female smiling, clutching a bag on one hand, while the other was holding a young boy's hand. There were hearts all over the paper and below was written 'Happy Mother's Day Mommy'.

I smiled upon seeing it and I wasn't even done appreciating the self-made card when I saw another slip of paper go thru.

On the second sheet, there was the same figure of a woman and a boy, only that the boy that time was holding a stem of flower for her. On top of the paper was ' I love you Mommy' written, below was 'Happy Birthday'.

I opened the door to see him and found the little boy sitting beside the door, holding a jar of cookies and a balloon on one hand. He stood up quickly when he saw me and he gave me a smile.

"I'm sorry I called you Mommy. I know you don't like that much but I guess you deserve to be called Mommy today so everyone will greet you," he said. "Happy Big Lady's Day. Happy birthday."

I smiled wholeheartedly at him and opened my arms for him to hug me. Luke embraced me right away and showered my face with kisses. He then handed me his jar of cookies.

"I don't have money to buy you a gift but I thought of sharing my favorite cookies with you," he told me. "I hide it somewhere in my room but I'm keeping it a secret. Let's put it on your bedside. I'll just get one next time when I run out of cookies."

I laughed. "You're not giving it to me, tutubabe! You're lending me your cookies! But go, put it on my sidetable then I want you to change your clothes and shoes. We'll go to the mall real quick. It's Batman and Robin's day."

"Mom, what's your wish for your birthday?" he asked me. He put the jar on my sidetable but took a piece before going back to me.

I paused. What do I really need and want at this time?

"I just want to be happy today and tomorrow and the next days. You can make it happen by being a good boy. Can we make that a deal?" I asked him.

"Well, as long as Tito Jeric wouldn't do anything," he said.

I smiled. "He's a nice guy, babe. Don't be too hard on him. Besides, Big Lady and Tito Jeric are just friends. Okay?"

"Alright. If you say so," he smiled. As soon as he was finished changing his clothes, we went to the nearest mall to buy ingredients for the dinner we were having that day. I planned of making some pasta for him, his favorite, and spend some time playing on the mall. I gave him an hour of playtime while I was silently watching him enjoy. It gave me some time to check on the messages on my phone.

Not too much friendly, I got minimal greetings. One from Andie, one from my mother and father, Marlow, and two other people from our events group. It was funny though that Andie greeted me thru text when we share the same house anyway.