That Cloudy Day When I Gathered Memories

I drove that Saturday morning.

Instead of having Karl go, Mom allowed her to sleep at home so she and I can leave early without having the need to pick her up. We were heading to Bataan that weekend so we can spend some time together.

Some last few hours together.

I packed the food we were bringing for our travel while Karl was taking a bath on Achi's bathroom. Around 6 AM, we were already on our way. We were both singing as we travelled and I know she was having fun. I specifically chose that playlist.

Pagdating namin sa resort, she was welcomed by her employees with a smile and she happily greeted them in return. We headed straight to the area where her room is and as promised, she had the room beside hers reserved for me.

As soon as I finished unpacking my items, I went out of my room and started roaming around the whole place which I wasn't able to do the first time I went there.

I helped her attend to some guests, change linens and pillow covers, until she was all set and free around three in the afternoon. As soon as she was done, we changed our clothes and headed straight to the beach.

"Mahal, anong dinner gusto mo?" she asked me as we walked hand in hand while she kept on kicking the sand.

"Fish. Gusto kong mag-ihaw tayo then we'll have a drink. Maybe just a bottle or two. Or three. Or maybe we can get drunk. If we are planning to get drunk, we'll drink inside your room. Baka lumusong ka sa dagat hindi kita masagip," I smiled. "You okay with that?"

"Whatever makes you happy, I'll do it," she gladly answered. "I want to do something, Mahal."

"What is it?"

She made me lie on the sand and even if I wanted to be the one to do it, I let her. She was burying me on the sand. It took her some time before she was able to finish it dahil na din sa lagi itong nabibitak. When she was finished, she also sat on the sand saka dumapa sa tabi ko. She pinched my nose.

"Mahal, why do you look good?" she asked me.

I smiled. "Because a beautiful lady like you deserves a handsome guy like me," I told her, repeating my answer to her before. "Ikaw, why do you look good?"

She answered with a laugh. "Magkaroon ka ba naman ng boyfriend na kasing gwapo mo, hindi ka ba magiging masaya?"

"Point taken," I smiled at her. "Are you happy Karl?"

She answered with a smile. "Oo naman. Sobrang masaya."

"Contented now? No grudges? No hard feelings or anything of that sort?" I asked her.

"Wala no! Aarte pa ba ako kung binigay mo na nga lahat sa akin," she laughed. "You've always been the best choice, Mahal. I might not have told you enough but you are worth it."

I smiled at her. "Then I must say I'm really doing a good job."

"On a serious note Mahal ko, I'm thankful you stayed with me kahit na nakakainis na ako minsan, kahit na nag-a-attitude ako ng madalas," she told me.

"What do I always tell you Karl? I love you that's why I am doing all these things. You're always forgiven but if I can't, I try to find a way to understand," I told her. "Pero teka nga,  I noticed you've been calling me Mahal regularly. Every sentence goes with Mahal. Quota na."

She laughed with my comment. "Paano kasi mahal naman talaga kita. I missed you, Mahal. Pakiramdam ko ang tagal kitang di nakasama."

It sounded really good to my ears.

I'm filling a jar of memories to keep before I leave her  for good.

--

We watched the sunset together. We never did this before and we took a lot of pictures of that scene. I took a lot of pictures with her. Of her.