That Sunny Day When I Was Hurt

I closed the door as soon as I went back to my unit after seeing Jeron go home.

It was a tiring day after a stressful class and I spent a few hours sleeping as soon as I got home. I didn't prepare dinner yet. I know Jeron would take care of buying food for tonight and so I will wait.

I know how strenuous the team's practice is.

Yet he came.

He was very sleepy when he went inside my unit but he carried with him some food taken out from a fastfood chain near our university. I took it from him and prepared the table for us. We had dinner together and as soon as I was finished washing the dishes, I set the DVD player on the living room and rested my head on his lap.

I saw his eyes fighting the strong urge to sleep. I sat straight facing him, pinched his cheeks and tried making his eyes open wide. When I released them, it still went back to its sleepy form.

"Antok ka na talaga. Sorry if napilitan kang pumunta dito. Sige na, matulog ka na," I told him.

"I'll try to be awake while you're watching the movie so if you need anything, I can do it for you," he said. I knew he was trying his best.

I leaned closer and hugged him close. "Okay na ako sa ganito. Tulog ka na. Pag tapos na yung movie, saka ka na umuwi."

"Kaya ko pa," he insisted. I knew he wouldn't last another minute and I let him stay close with silence between us. Wala pang limang minuto, I heard him snore. I wanted to laugh with the sound I was hearing but I appreciated more the gesture that he did for me.

When he woke up, he went to the bathroom to wash his face. He was still inside when I asked him about Jeric.

"Not yet. I haven't had the chance to talk to him. But I will soon," he answered.

"No pressure. Gusto ko lang naman malaman," I answered.

"I'm sorry chou if it's taking quite a while but I will talk to him this weekend. I promise you. I want to introduce you to my family as soon as I have informed Ahia," he added, which made me smile.

I really want to meet his family. I want to go that far because I know that if Jeron introduces me to them, alam kong seryoso sya sa akin.

I would know then that I surely got him under my spell. Soon enough, it will be my sweet successful revenge.

--

"Ahia, can you tell Mom and Dad that I'll just follow you guys wherever you will dine? Karl and I will have to talk first," the guy who stood beside me said. He was talking to Jeric. I don't have any idea who this person is and if only I could kick him out of the scene, I would have done so.

I wasn't crying yet but I was at the edge of breaking down. I never knew that heartbreak is a literal way of tearing your heart apart. It was too painful I felt every inch that was breaking.

Jeric nodded and looked at me as if saying sorry before leaving with the woman beside him. The other guy remained beside me.

"Teka nga, sino ka ba? Bakit mo ako pinaiwan dito? Kailangan kong kausapin si Teng!" I panicked, suddenly realizing that Jeric was walking away from me. We have to talk. Hindi ko naiintindihan ang nangyayari.

"Kausap mo si Teng," he answered.

"Hindi ikaw si Teng! Yung Teng na pinaalis mo yung Teng na gusto kong kausapin!" I shouted. Is this guy fooling me?

"I'm also a Teng. That guy who left is a Teng. My dad is a Teng. My mother too. And my sisters. Kung tatawag ka ng gamit ang last name namin, be specific," he told me, sounding irritated.