That Sunny Day When She Asked For A Hug

I do not know how we managed to get to the hospital. At that time, dalawang salita lang ang nasa utak ko.

Karl. Ospital.

I forgot the language of traffic lights. I forgot how to turn off the engine. Ang alam ko lang dadalin ko si Karl sa ospital.

I know AVO managed to give Karl some towel to help stop her wounds on her knees from bleeding. I can hear him giving instructions to her and telling me about red and green lights, no U-turn signs. The hell with them.

As soon as we reached the nearest hospital, I carried her out of the car. Out of my mind, I did not close the door nor the engine. I remembered AVO is there. I know he will take care of it.

Karl is conscious, at least, but she kept on crying and I kept on telling her that everything would be alright. I do not know what hurt and I simply lost track. I didn't care if someone's having a cardiac arrest that time. Kailangan nilang gamutin agad si Karl kung ayaw nilang magtransform ako.

"Can you walk?" I asked her. Tinatanong ng triage nurse.

"I d-don't know," she sobbed. Kanina nya pa sinisiksik ang ulo nya sa leeg ko as if it will stop her from the pain na nararamdaman nya.

I laid her down the hospital bed. As soon as I did, the nurse attended to her wounds. One of the nurses was to pull me out to get some details but I did not want to leave her.

"Can you just do this later? Treat her first then ask me those when you're done," iritado kong sagot.

"Sir,  we need this right now. I'm sorry I can't delay it for later," she told me.

I took a deep breath. "Dito mo ako tanungin," I answered. She asked me basic information about Karl which I answered. I took my phone out to call Mom and Achi. I also decided to call her cousin Charm dahil wala na akong ibang alam na pwedeng tawagan. Nakilala ko man ang parents nya, they are both in Hongkong that day.

I was patiently waiting for Karl to finish the x-ray that was being done to check for any fracture when my mom and sister arrived. They allowed AVO to leave after thanking him since may kasama na ako. That was the only time that I know I calmed down.

Mom and I were waiting for Achi to finish talking to the nurse when I saw her sitting on the wheelchair, pabalik sa ER bed na pinaghigaan nya kanina. Her wounds were already bandaged and she was no longer crying kahit na halata naman sa mata nito.

I immediately went up to her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her. She was sitting on the bed.

She did not answer but she opened up her arms, asking for a hug. I forced a smile on my face and gave what she asked for. I'm starting to feel better.

"Masakit yung katawan ko. Hindi ko pala kaya maging stuntwoman," she told me with her saddest voice.

"Wag mo na uulitin yun. Sling bag lang yun. Kaya kong palitan yun. You need not to pull it back," I told her.

She nodded like an obedient child. She then thanked my mom and Achi for seeing after her. Mom was worried but she was relieved when she saw that she was fine. Charm was already there and I introduced her to my family. She was too worried with Karl.

An hour later, we were allowed by the doctor to go. Wala namang pilay ito other than scratches and wounds, thank God. Buti na lang bumitaw na si Karl sa bag nya. Otherwise, confinement ang ibabalita sa amin ng doktor. The nurse gave us instructions in cleaning her wounds and I listened.

After paying for the hospital bill, we all decided to go home. I took her inside my car while the rest drove their own. We headed straight to her condo. Mom went to the kitchen and started preparing meals for everyone.