That Sunny Day When She Gave Me Some Cramping Pain

They all went out of the room. Achi and Dichi went to the kitchen to get some junk food while Ahia went out to make a call. I was left alone inside the room with all the mess that they made.

Maybe it’s funny and fun at the same time that I learned how to play the guitar. We’re not musically inclined people kaya naman kulang na lang gawin akong source ng tawa ng tatlong kapatid ko. I’m not a fan of the singer either and I do not know any of his songs. But I appreciate this one that Almira wants.

I'm not cold hearted. I'm just trying to protect myself from getting hurt again. At the same time, I just want to make sure sa sarili ko na ready na ako. It has always been Karl and it's not going to change.

But I miss her. I appreciate what she has been doing but I have been intentionally brushing her off. I don't want her rushing for her to get back to me without her thinking well of her actions. But I might just do the steps to be with her kapag umayaw na sya.

Yun nga ay kung hindi sya papasok ng kumbento na imposible.

"Achi! Dichi! Bilisan nyo!" I shouted from where I was. "Damihan nyo yung chips!"

I was waiting for them when our dog came back in shortly inside the room. Narumi and I have formed a bond the moment she became a part of the family. In fact, I think she loves me more than she loves Almira. Karl and I planned to have one when we were still together. She was jumping to sit on my lap but I wasn't paying any attention. I was just holding the top of the dog's head while it kept on playing with me.

"Narumi, don't be so playful," saway ko sa aso. "I'm doing something."

Since I didn’t have anything to do while waiting for them, I was opening a browser and searching for the guitar chords of some songs that I like. Bagong past time lang. I found the chords for a Lifehouse song Hanging by a Moment and I started following what I was seeing.

"Narumi, what do you think will Karl say if she finds out I'm playing the guitar? You think she'll laugh?"

The dog just barked.

I was still trying to learn the chords of the song when I heard someone singing.

A cappella.

I then stopped strumming my guitar. Not really mine, Ahia's guitar.

"Mahal kita, mahal kita, hindi 'to bola. Ngumiti ka man lang sana, ako'y nasa langit na..."

It’s the voice of someone that I long to be with. The voice of that person I am thinking of at this moment. It felt like a decade ago when I last heard it. Kahit sampu ang blindfolds na ilagay sa akin, I know that voice well.

Alam ko naman lahat ng ginagawa nya. Yung paglilinis nya ng kwarto ko, pagaayos ng gamit ko, pagpapaayos ng relo, pagbili ng Speculoos. Everything that she did are things that I know of.

Jeric's not someone who would clean the cabinet just because he has nothing to do. Karl arranges her closet according to the color of her clothes.

Dadagain na kami sa kwarto but he would never clean it.

Ahia finds it easier to buy a new wristwatch than have the battery replaced.

Everything that I have mentioned in Twitter all of a sudden, it becomes real. I said I was craving for some Speculoos spread and she bought me one. Achi is not like that. Karl is. She gets you something without too much questions.

“Sumagot ka naman wag lang ewan,” the voice sang.

Her face was a combination of someone who has been sad, hesitant, sorry, excited, and badly missed.