That Sunny Day When He Learned About Her Plan

He was trying to make things right and as much as he wanted to be with Karl, hindi nya na gustong ulitin ang bagay na ginawa nya na dati. Lalo pa kung kapatid nya ang madadamay.

Karl made it sound as if the deal she's giving him is simple.

Magiging sila ni Jeric while she's still and officially with Jeron. She was trying to put him up on a situation that he gave her. Ang problema, there are emotions involved until this point.

Karl knew that Jeric likes her. If only he could turn back time, he would bring it back and choose not to betray her. If Jeric says yes to what she offered, she would torture him with jealousy, pain, and regrets. She promised to consider having Jeron permanently in the long run.

If he says no, he has to add guilt to the list and be ready with Jeron's sour mood and attitude for the next days until she decides to leave him.

Either he takes the pain more or Jeron does.

--

Jeric went out of his car and walked fast to get inside the restaurant where he and Karl would meet. It was the day before his brother's second game. She was seated on a corner drinking her fruit shake when he came in. He took the seat opposite her.

"So what do we have today?" she asked him.

He took a deep breath. "It's about him."

"Do you have a different answer?"

"No."

Karl laughed. "Then why did you ask me to go here? Sinasayang mo oras ko."

"Think of some other deal, Karl. I can't do that. Alam kong masakit yung bagay na ginawa ko sayo. Ayokong gawin yun sa kapatid ko. Once a mistake, you have to learn from it."

"I'm sorry but that's not what I want. I will never change my mind about the option I gave you," she told him. "I've given you lots of extensions and you're still wasting my time. Kung ayaw, wala namang problema. Hindi kita pinipilit."

"Paano? Hahayaan mo na lang si Jeron? Do you even have an idea how he played during the first game dahil sa ginagawa mo? Do you know how bad he felt?" he exclaimed. Karl could feel his anger.

"I know, Jeric. He cried when we argued that night. He was too pissed off with what I am doing," Karl answered.

"Jeron never treated you badly. Why are you doing this to him?!" inis na sagot ni Jeric.

"Exactly. He never treated me badly. Bakit hindi ikaw ang gumawa ng paraan para hindi sya masaktan?" she smiled.

"You're impossible, Karline," he told her. "You can't put me into a situation that will make me hurt my brother in any way."

"That's your fault."

Jeric felt mad. He was so angry but he couldn't do anything to make her understand. "That's not you Karl. I didn't know you that way. Yes, we had a short and foolish relationship but I never saw you as someone who harbors hatred like this. I'm human and I'm not making that as a reason why I did it. Don't use your pain as a justifying reason bakit mo ginagawa lahat ng ito."

She felt like she was slapped. What he said was too harsh yet true. Walang karapatan si Jeric na sumbatan sya pero alam nyang tama lahat ng sinasabi nito.

"I loved you Karl. I did. But it makes me think now that I made a good choice for leaving you behind seeing you this way," he said.

--

Saturday afternoon.

It was the second game schedule. Jeron and Karl still hasn't made up. They talk at times but still, Karl refused to see the games. Jeron still was in a bad mood most of the time though he's been making a conscious effort to be focused during his practice.