That Bright Day When The Plan Started

Days quickly passed for all of them.

A month became two. Extended to three. Went as far as four.

Jeron did manage to juggle his time between his family, his studies, his practice, and his girlfriend. It was hard at some point but Karl was supportive of every single thing that Jeron did. They were able to make it to the finals.

Sa mga panahon na yun, ginawa ni Karl ang lahat ng kaya nyang ibigay para kay Jeron, lahat ng kaya nyang panindigan, at lahat ng kaya nyang ipagpanggap. She simply believed that making Jeron invest on emotions more would mean a bigger downfall. She needed to make their relationship as flawless as possible and she knew she could leave him behind all of a sudden.

Jeric was still with Reema. Like what his friends told him, their relationship constantly goes on 'rest' every weekend and resumes when she goes back to school. He has been abnormally quiet and no one dared to ask him. If one does, he never answered it anyway. He joined family dinner dates with Karl, tagged Reema along sometimes.

He just watched her silently while she stayed close to his brother. He had the worst season played. Unfortunately, UST didn't make it to the finals.

And all those days, Karl's plan of revenge never went out of her mind.

--

"Mahal!"

He continued walking on the grassy field.

"Jeron Alvin Uy Teng!"

I shouted from the second floor of the university habang nakadungaw sa hallway. He searched where the voice came from and when he saw me, he waved. He smiled, happy to hear my voice. Sinenyasan ko sya na hintayin ako makababa and I ran as fast as I can para abutan sya.

"Good morning," I greeted him and niyakap sya agad. I held the lollipop I was chewing on my right hand.

“Is that a lollipop?” Jeron asked me when he saw what I was holding on my right hand.

I nodded and put it back on my mouth, settling it on my right cheek. "Chupachups."

Jeron playfully pulled it from me and ate what was left. He cracked it with his teeth then threw the stick on the garbage can.

“Mahal?! Bakit mo kinuha yung lollipop ko?!” I complained. "Binigay lang sakin yan!"

“Why? What’s wrong sharing the lollipop with you? It’s just like me indirectly kissing you,” he whispered.

I laughed. "Ang landi mo Mahal! I missed you to bits. That sweet mouth and all those lies."

He laughed with what I said. "Magandang pampagana yan sa umaga. Know what, kung walang estudyante na nakatingin sa atin ngayon, I would have kissed you. Directly."

I closed the distance "Ganito ba?" I then kissed him on his cheeks. "Did that make you feel better?"

He was taken aback with my action though I know he was happy. "One more and my knees would get weak," he smiled. "Why do you have such power over me?"

"I wouldn't tell you," I laughed with his question. "I went down here to tell you something important."

"Ano yun?"

"I'm joining a contest," I told him.

"What contest?" he asked. "Sunny side up egg frying perfection contest?"

"Sige, pagtawanan mo pa ako, hindi ka na makakalabas ng orthopedic center!" I complained.

Jeron heartily laughed. "Ano ba kasi?"