That Night When She Put Her Defenses Down

At one point in time, I was the man hungry and rushing to get us to a bliss. The next minute, I needed to be the guy to put some sense to everything that was happening. Is this the climax of her reality? Or do I have to prepare myself for more?

-Jeric

--

He was all over her that night.

It is his birthday, not Tanya's or anyone, but it seemed as if it was all about her.

He knew his brother was surprised and concerned with what transpired before his eyes but Jeric pushed them all at the back of his mind. It is his day and he wants to enjoy it the best way he knows.

They all had a good drink, Jeric consuming five bottles, Tanya with four. Jeron was controlling his while Karl drank a ladies' drink. Pe was smooth talking Aira who seemed to have fallen for the guy's charm. Kevin was just silently watching, enjoying his conversation with Ed and Karim when the crowd faded.

Some of his guests left earlier and past 1 AM, it was just her, Jeric, Jeron, Karl, and the rest of the Tigers. Except Aira and Paulo.

A dancer and drunk herself, Tanya pulled Jeric from his seat and headed to the dancefloor to join the rest of the people. She went back to their group and pulled everyone out of their seats.

Jeric's never a dancer but with his state, he was just moving along with her as she danced to the beat. The music was too loud and she was enjoying the crowd they were with, another bottle at hand.

"Happy?" Tanya asked him.

"Yeah, I am," he shouted as loud as he could so she could hear. "Are you drunk?"

"I'm fine! I still can dance!" she answered. "What are you going to do after this?"

"I don't know! What do you want us to do after this?" he asked her, his smile evident on his lips. "Do you want to go somewhere?"

"The two of us?"

He nodded.

"Are we talking about our yet?" she laughed. He didn't answer but Tanya saw the meaning beyond his lips and the way that he stared. She automatically held his body close with her right hand. She then grabbed one of his hands and placed it on her butt. "Free squeeze, birthday boy. Happy birthday!"

Then she started kissing him again.

--

Karl couldn't help but feel worried seeing the way Jeron was. She sensed that he was starting to get anxious and awkward the way Jeric was behaving in front of everyone with a girl he never mentioned before. It's not that he's stopping his brother from having his own happiness but he couldn't see it on him. He was seeing desire and interest, and yes lust, but it felt as if his body was trapped with a different soul.

"Mahal? Are you okay? You want us to leave now? You can talk to Jeric some other time," Karl told him.

Jeron shook his head. "We have to stay. We have to look after him. He's drunk and he doesn't know what he's doing. I do not like that girl for him. Is she on drugs?"

"Shh," Karl pressed her finger on his lips. "Don't say that. We don't know what they have. Mag-aaway lang kayo ni Jeric pag nadinig nya yan."

"I don't know Mahal. I don't really know," he said unsurely. "Let's stay until we have to go home."

"Promise me one thing, Jeron," Karl told him seriously. "Don't say anything to him without thinking twice about it. Do not say anything that will cause you two to argue."

"I'll try, Mahal."

Karl gave him a comforting hug. "It's normal to be that close when you are in a place like this."