cascade | quavo

I put my hair in a ponytail with my side part then grabbed my hoop earrings and put them in my ears. I smiled at my appearance in my full body mirror then walked downstairs. My friends were already down there waiting for me.

"Girl it took you long enough." Deja said. I rolled my eyes.

"I look good though. We finna roll or what?" I asked while popping my gum. We got in her new car, a 2011 Nissan Altima. It was nice as hell. Grey, sleek, and it smelled good.

I got in the front seat next to her and our other friends got in the backseat. "Oop. I almost forgot." I got out the car and ran inside my house. I ran up the stairs that were wooden and got my Gucci purse off my bed. I ran back out the door and saw that she was about to pull off. Snake ass.

"I was tryna get out the driveway." She laughed nervously. I didn't even reply to her fake ass. I pulled her mirror down and started applying my clear lip gloss. That's one thing I can't live without. My clear lip gloss. I'm always seen with it on, I always keep it with me. It's apart of all my looks.

"Her boujee ass. Can we please go?" Deja's friend, Precious, said from the backseat. I rolled my eyes. She always got somethin to say about me but she don't ever have somethin to say when somebody roast her for wearin those black air forces all the time. Oh. Okay.

"I don't know if yo big body ass felt it but the car is moving honey." I turned and looked dead at her. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. I let out a soft chuckle and finished putting on my other makeup, just a soft color of eyeshadow and mascara.

"Turn this up." Deja boyfriend, Sean, said from the backseat. I turned it up because Deja was too busy driving. "Aw hell yeah this my shit."

I turned it up a little louder because I was trying to recognize the song. I laid my head against the seat, I knew the song but I just didn't know the name of it or who sang it. But I definitely knew it because I've heard it before. Damn. This shit gone be on my mind all damn night.

"We here. You leavin ya purse in here?" Deja asked. She talked so different from the rest of us. She's from New York. Harlem to be specific.

"Nope, gotta stunt on em." I popped my gum and stepped out of the grey car. I dug my money for my entrance fee and skates out of my purse and handed it to the man behind the counter. He gave me my ticket. I walked inside and went to get my skates.

I just stood in front of him. I'm here every week so they already know who I am.

"Good looks." I smiled as he handed me the skates. I handed him my shoes and took a pair of my lucky socks out of my purse. I slipped them on then slipped the skates on.

I sat at one of the circular tables while I waited for the little kids to get off the floor. I don't even know why they're here. They know Sunday nights are skate nights for grown ups. They trippin.

Deja came over to my table with nachos and a slushy.

"Lemme get some." I said while digging a tortilla chip in her cheese. The cheese was old but I'm not complaining because it ain't mine.

We didn't talk at all. Just ate and watched the kids skate. Only reason I was cool with her is because she could skate her skinny ass off. Almost better than Quavo and them.

I stood up and got a Coke. "Aye!" I heard. I kept walking because I knew they weren't talking to me. I got a name. And they know it, so they need to use it.

I stood behind the rails and watched the kids skate back up to the tables and games. "I know you heard me calling you."

I turned to my side and saw Quavo. His fine ass. Them dreads, plump lips, and let's not forget all that money he got. His group, Polo Club, are well known here in Atlanta but not really poppin anywhere else.

"Ain't you posed to be out thea skatin?" I pointed to the floor with some little kids still on it.

"Aw I see. You got jokes." He laughed and leaned over the rail with me, taking my soda out my hand. We did this every week. A little flirting, skate, and then dismiss each other. "You look like Katt Williams. Light bright ass."

"And you look mothafuckin dumb with that fake ass grill in ya mouth." I couldn't come up with anything else because he caught me off guard. I had thought of some roasts when I was at home but I forgot every single one of them.

"Big corny ass." He said while glancing at me. "I'm finna skate. Here ya go." He handed me my cup.

I took a sip out the straw but nothing came up except bits of water from the melting ice. "You drank all my soda!" I yelled across the floor. I could see him laughing. I giggled and threw the cup away.

I got on the floor as soon as How to Love by Lil Wayne came on. That was my damn song!

"Ooh this my song!" I said. I was really talking to myself but I heard someone reply to me.

"Aw, so you don't know how to love huh?" I turned and saw Quavo. I rolled my eyes while skating off the curve.

"Boy go on."

"Lemme teach you." He said. Everyone started slowing down since it was a slow song. "You had a lotta crooks tryna steal yo heart, never really had luck, couldn't figure out how to loveee." Quavo sang in my ear. I laughed then rolled my eyes.

He sang me the whole song while we skated side by side. "So wassup wit it?"

"What you mean?" I asked while looking down at his gold chains that were hanging off his neck.

"You finna let me teach yo fine ass how to love?"