"Thank You"

Chapter 21: "Thank You"

We had the window open in Gavin's loft, it was dark and getting a little chilly.

"Are you cold?" Gavin asked. I looked at him. "A little..." I said quietly. "You have goosebumps on your arms." Gavin said as he felt them. I blushed a little bit.

Gavin got up and shut the window and returned next to the bed, he pulled back the blankets on his side. "Here." He pulled back the blankets more as I lifted my legs up and under them.

He pulled them up close to my waist and tucked the blanket around me. "Thanks.." I said shyly. "But what about you?" I added in.

"Ill just get this blanket." He said as he pulled out a really big Heavy duty blanket out from under his bed. He climbed next to me and put it over us.

Soon the movie was over and we started playing minecraft.

"Don't burn the house down with lava like you did when you guys started the minecraft Let's Play's. Please." I said as I followed Gavin's character, that is holding a lava bucket. "I won't." Gavin said looking at me cheekily. "Uh oh... What do you have in mind." I asked a little scared as I walked away from his character a little ways.

"We should make a de-gub pit" Gavin said. "Ok. I thought you were gonna burn down our house anyways." I laughed. "No, I wouldn't. Only with the guys." Gavin laughed.

Soon hours later we got tired of minecraft. "What time is it?" I asked. My phone was by the door and I was to lazy to go get it. "Only 10." Gavin replied. "Ahh..." I sighed. "Wanna watch another movie?" Gavin asked. "Sure, what movie?" I asked. "How bout.... Escape Plan?" Gavin asked as he got up and grabbed the movie. "Oh! I haven't seen that yet! Have you?" I asked. "Yea, it was top. I'd watch it again." Gavin said.

"Ok lets watch it!" I said loosening the blankets around my body. "Getting warm finally?" Gavin asked as he opened the tray to his Xbox. "Yea." I said simply. Gavin popped open a couple more of beer bottles and handed one to me. "Thanks." I said taking a sip. Gavin nodded and climbed into bed next to me. Closer than before.

Halfway through the movie Gavin got up and went to the bathroom. I got up and stretched as I waited for Gavin to come out so I could go too. He comes out moments later and we swap places.

I went pee and washed my hands and fixed my air as much as I could. I walked back out and got back in the bed.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, the stain came out." Gavin said smiling. "I knew it would." I brightly smiled back. "Thanks." Gavin said. His hand plopped over mine, he quickly moved it off next to his side.

We weren't far apart from each other so our hands were side-by-side. I looked at our hands and just stared. I burrowed my hand under Gavin's and intertwined his fingers with mine.

'Friends can hold hands right? Even tho I wish we were more...' I thought. I sighed and kept starring for a moment. I smiled to myself and continued to watch the movie.

Gavin tighten his grip in my hand, then loosens a little. I looked at him and he looked at me, he smiled and then looked away.

"Thank you." Gavin whispered. "What for?" I asked. "For being here for me in my darkest hours and lighting up the way." Gavin sighed quietly. "It's what friends are for." I said as I laid my head on his shoulder. "They're supposed to do this." I added in.

I dozed off near the end of the movie, I remember I leaned up against Gavin before I started getting tired.

Gavin slowly laid me down on one side of his bed. I kept my eyes closed, but I was sorta asleep, I could still hear everything tho. He kissed my forehead and whispered "Thank you." As gentle as he could. Then he covered me up.