80's Films➰Zach Herron

Just Like the 80's Films, We Hook Up In My Back Seat 

                                             And Let My Best Friend Drive 

                                                80's Films by Jon Bellion 

It was nights like this that I absolutely loved. We would just go around LA, driving wherever we wanted to. We could anywhere. I would pay $500 dollars just to see her smile. To see her eyes light up. 

My friend, Reed, was driving, me and Y/N were just sitting in the back. We looked out the windows, we looked at each other. Occasionally, we would say a few things, but the ride mainly consisted silence.

A good silence. 

"I think I know why I love you." I said out of nowhere. 

"And whys that?" She asks, still looking at the cars passing by outside. 

"You're so cute. I don't know. And amazing." She looked at me and smiled. 

"You flirt like a seventh grader." She giggled. Man, I love it when she does that. It means I make her happy. 

"I know." She came over to me and put her feet on the one seat. "You find beauty in a lot of strange things. Like, the cars passing by, watching trees blow in the wind when there's a storm, looking at the rain, and how fast it drops and touches the ground. That's what I love about you. You put so much thought into things most people don't even think about. You're so open minded." 

I didn't look at her, but I know when my Y/N is blushing. 

"I think I know why I love you, Zach Herron." She said smiling, looking up at me. 

"And whys that?" I repeated her words, looking down at her beautiful face. The imperfections made it perfect. 

"You're so wise. Yeah, you're 16, but you're so good at speaking. What you just said, what you love about me, no ones ever made me feel that way. The way you said it as well. The words you used, how amazing you sounded. You can be a real goof sometimes, but other times, you're so serious and in love, it makes me love you even more." She looked into my eyes, I looked into hers. 

She sat up, and cuddled into me. I held her in my arms. Whenever she's around me, I want her to be safe. I want her to know that she's okay. That when in with her, she'll never be hurt. She'll never be broken. I want her to know that when I'm with her, she'll never have to deal with negativity, with anything. She'll only have to deal with me. And I know that to her, she loves it. 

I quietly hummed "I Depend On You", but loud enough for her to hear. I felt her breathe, and she could feel me breathe. I laced our hands together, showing everybody, that we are one. We don't come together. We come in one piece. 

There's no glue that holds us together. There's no need to. We're not going to break. Even if we fall a thousand feet down, we're not going to be broken in the end. 

I know our love is amazing. I know it's not even love. It's beyond love. It's beyond affection. I don't know the word, and I'll probably never know, but whatever it is that's what we are. 

"We're like a cheesy 80's film." She said. Y/N loves old movies. She loved the old objects, like telephones, clothing, cars, anything that they used as props in movies. She loved seeing it. She said she feels like she travels back in time. 

"Which one, love?" She told me she cringed when I called her that. 

"All of them."

That was all we needed for a good moment. 

We don't need anything but each other. Not money, not food, not a house. 

I don't care if I live under a bridge, as long as it's with her. 

I don't care if we're the poorest people in the world, as long as it's with her. 

As long as anything is with her, I'll be okay. 

As long as anything is with us, I'll be okay. 

I'll be perfectly fine, and she'll be even better. 

And that is what matters to us.