Roses➰Zach Herron

But when she's with him, she seems happier.
And I don't want to take that away.

Roses by Shawn Mendes

Y/N, once again, was flat out talking to Daniel, knowing I was right there. Her lips formed into multiple smiles whenever he said something or looked her in the eyes. His ears twitched a little, and that was a sign of happiness for Daniel.

I knew he liked her.

He has told me before we started dating. When I asked her out, he wasn't mad. It was depressing because he was broke.

That was almost 1 year ago.

We've dated for almost 1 year, and it's been the best time of my life. I love Y/N with all my heart, and I want her to be happy. I want her life to be filled with joy and positivity and love. I want her to get everything she deserved. And Y/N deserves the world.

I'm just a 16 year old kid from Texas.

Daniel Seavey is the star from American Idol, the blue eyed, tooth gapped boy, the musical prodigy.

He could give her anything she wanted, unlike me.
•••••••
I silently chewed my food.

The restaurant was loud, the boys were talking, but Y/N was talking with Daniel.

Her face lit up every time he talked about her. His face remained happy and all smiley and stupid shit like that.

Y/N never smiled like that around me. Of course she giggled and stuff like that, but her smiles around me were never so wide that they went from ear to ear. Her eyes never lit up like the sun, her nose never twitched when she laughed. Not around me.

Had I not given her enough? I wasn't the type of boyfriend that bought her presents everyday, or showered her with kisses. I just wasn't that type of person, but the question was: did she need that type of person?

Daniel was definitely that man. He was definitely the man who could shower her with love and bring her presents everyday on her front door. He could place kisses all over her forehead and body, and I just couldn't.

I truly was ashamed of how unworthy of a boyfriend I was to Y/N.
•••••••
I'd had enough. I'm done, that's it.

They love each other.

It's not an 'I like you' situation anymore. It's an 'I love you' situation.

They stare into each other's eyes so deeply, I hate describing the love they show for each other. Why has Daniel just asked her out? Why hasn't Y/N just dumped me and leave for Daniel? Why haven't they just become a couple yet?

I don't want life to be awkward with the two, but my best friend and my girlfriend like each other. It going to be awkward. They're going to date, and we'll probably never talk to each other again.

I wanted to lay Y/N down with Daniel gently, that way she could have everything she ever needed.

"Y/N, love, come sit with me." I was the couch, and patted my hand on the spot k wanted her to sit at. It's been a while since we had a real long conversation, so this would be weird.

"Okay. What's up?" She asked. She was so joyful, and I knew it wasn't because of me.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." I prepared myself for the topic.

"Okay." She dragged her word, it showed me was confused. I knew she wasn't confused, she knew exactly what was happening.

"I think you love Daniel," her face was shocked, pale actually. "No, I know you love Daniel." I corrected myself. "And Daniel loves you too." Daniel was in the room next to ours, I knew he could hear us. I could only imagine what his face looked like.

"Zach, I'm s-" she began, but I interrupted.

"No, it's fine Y/N, really, it's fine. I understand. He liked you before we started dating, and he has to bottle up those emotions for almost a whole year, and it's hard to do that. Especially with a girl like you." I breathed deeply. "I can tell that you two love each other. You talk everyday, you smile at each other, the attitudes you two have, and you give off a vibe of love. And I realize that the reason you were never like that with me was because I am simply not Daniel. I am simply not him. I'm not the type of person. I love you so much, but you're not the one for me. I'm not the one for you. Daniel is."

She stared out of the window, not daring to even glimpse at me.

"Y/N, I'm sorry if this is breaking you right now, but later on, you're going to be so, so, so, happy with Daniel. You two are going to be the best, it's you and him against the world. You're going to have the most amazing children together, it will be beautiful. I'm not the type of man you want, you may love me, but I can't give you what you want."

"And Daniel can." She finished for me. I muttered a 'yes'. She nodded her head, tears starting to fall. Some small ones hit the ground, I stared at the carpet, my eyes watering. I had completely broken the love and my life, and I had to watch it.

"Zach, I don't know what to say." She sniffled and looked at me, finally. "I just-I just don't know. I love you, I do, so much, and I'm sorry that I also love Daniel. I'm so sorry, Zach, so sorry." She stood up from her seat.

"Y/N, go be happy with him, please?" I looked up at her, I could feel water coming from my eyes. "Please?" She exited the room, and I was alone in the lightest darkness ever.

I heard her enter the room Daniel was in. I could hear her breaking down, crying. I heard him comfort her, shushing her, telling her that everything would be alright.

And I couldn't help but break down from that.