Flowers➰Daniel Seavey

All those pretty flowers

They've seemed to fade away.

I've grown to even love you

I just don't know how to say.

Flowers by Sabiya Esme(me)

~~~~~

I exited my science class, holding my binder and textbook in my arms. My friend was talking to me about the pretty girl he saw in class staring at her, but I wasn't paying any attention.

My eyes were on the one girl leaving her math class. 

She was listening to her friend, laughing at the joke she had said.

She wasn't a gossipy, bitchy, rich and spoiled girl. Sure, she was very popular, but not like the cliche ones. I see how she treats people. They're her friends because she's kind, and loving.

She's so beautiful. 

And I hate the fact that I don't have the courage to go up and say "hi".

She doesn't even look at me. We've never met each other, you expect her to?

There are tons of boys who like her, but not as much as me.

She's in the higher level of school, probably a 9. I'm down there, a 3. I have friends, just not as many. 

Every morning, I wake up and tell myself, "today's the day".

But when I see her face in the hallways, I go back to hiding in a shell, concealing myself from her. 

It's my fault that we'll never talk, not hers.

~~~~~

I was walking out of math class, binder and notebook in my hands, when I saw him looking.

I blushed internally, I can't have him knowing I like him. 

Nobody expects me, Y/F/N, a class 9 girl, to date him, Daniel freaking Seavey, a class 3 boy. But I would. 

I would if he liked me. 

It's obvious he likes R/N. 

She's liked him since second grade, he's liked her since third. 

I've liked him since fifth, what right does that give me to date him?

I've only liked him for 2 years. 

R/N's liked him for 5. He's liked R/N for 4. He's liked me for, well, 0.

I've never got the hang of flirting, that's for sure. The words get stuck on my tongue.

And if I talked to him, that's a disaster waiting to happen.

As I take a seat next to my friend, Matuoes, he notice Y/N walking through the entrance, stealing the spotlight. 

We're in tenth grade now, and I still don't have the guts to ask her out.

I was thinking about the school dance, but some other guy will catch her before me. She's an exotic fish that everybody wants to try, sadly.

She doesn't smile as much as before, ever since Jeremy Winds dumped her.

I hated Jeremy Winds, and I still do.

Everybody is yelling and talking and laughing, it's so loud, but I can still hear her voice, talking to her friends. It's beautiful, but I want to hear it talk to me.

I want her to laugh at my terrible jokes. 

I want her to smile when she sees my face. 

I want her to dance with me.

But she'll be dancing with another man.

~~~~~

I walk into the cafeteria, my friend on my left. 

She tells a joke, but I don't quite catch the point of it, so I just laugh like I do.

I see Daniel sitting at one of the smaller tables with is friends, laughing, and having a great time. 

I sit down at a big table two tables away from him. I don't stalk him, I just like seeing his smile.

The school dance is coming up, and nobody's asked me out. Jeremy Winds, my ex-boyfriend dumped me for the bitchy girl. 

I won't go alone, I have my friends for that, but in my head, a fantasy of Daniel taking me runs.

I imagine so many ways of him asking me, it's insane. But all I can do is imagine, because I know it'll never happen.

I graduated high school two weeks ago. I'm so happy, my life is so amazing.

I'm now in a band, with four other guys. We even met Logan Paul, sold three EPs. I'm proud and blessed to be where I am. 

I still think about Y/N, though. 

Before I graduated, I sent her a voicemail, basically saying that I loved her. 

She hasn't responded, and I don't want her to. 

She's probably got a new phone number, a boyfriend, and a life. Who wouldn't choose Y/N?

I live my life amazing, not a care about her. But at the end of the day, I can't help but go back to my school years, remembering all those times I chickened out to talk to her. 

All those times ruined.

I could've gotten her flowers, or at least tell her that she looked nice. 

But I never did.

If I had, this whole thing would've been very different.

~~~~~

I'm not really sure what me and Daniel were. 

We were something different, something strange. We found each other, the other half of the heart, but we didn't do anything about it. We just stood in our grounds, not daring to cross a line. 

Before graduation, he left me a voicemail, saying how he's always loved me, and never could work up the courage to ask me out. You don't know how happy that made me.

But for some reason, I haven't responded.

He's in a band now. Living in Hollywood, with these four other talented guys. He even met Logan Paul, and sold three EPs! There's no way he remembers me.

I'm sure his phone number was different.

It wouldn't work.

Which is why I probably got paranoid, and didn't respond. 

And I hate myself for it. 

I want to love him. I want to, but I can't. 

He's a celebrity, in Hollywood, with millions of fans.

I'm Y/N, the girl who's not a celebrity, in Washington, with no fans. 

Why would he answer tom anything I would say?

~~~~~

Me and the boys were recording today, finally making a new single.

We didn't know what to make it about, something random, it's called These Girls. I'm being modest, but it's pretty good.

In the middle of Jonah's part, my phone buzzed, signaling that I has gotten a text.

It was an unknown number, I was excited to see who it was.

'I love you too.'