Feel It Still➰Jack Avery

Might Be Over Now 

But I Feel It Still

Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man

She doesn't dare say a word to my face. 

She doesn't dare to do anything. 

She just sits completely still, the light of the dining room flickering on and off every few minutes. I guess it was to show how upset she was. 

She knows that I know that she knows. 

I don't love her anymore.

It sounds harsh, I know that, and I don't want it to, but what other way I'd there to say it?

I simply just fell in love with another girl. 

She fell in love with another boy.

We were just two people sharing a house, a bed, a car together. 

We didn't love each other. Not after the two years of my life that had seemed like the best. Now, I wasn't so sure. 

She's not mad or sad. In fact, I think she's kind of happy. 

I sat her down one night, and told her the truth. She didn't yell, or scream, or walk around paranoid. Like I said, she didn't dare do anything. 

She just remained calm. 

I did the talking, like always. 

We went through slow phases, that proved we were ending. 

First, we just didn't see each other as much. Work and other things got between us. 

Second, we didn't pay attention. We would be on our phones, in the same room, but just ignore the fact that we were in each other's presence. 

Third, we started fighting. Over the most ridiculous things. Every day(please don't make a pun) it was, over and over and over again. 

Fourth, we cheated and we knew it. We knew what we were doing, but we did it anyway.

Fifth, we stopped. We just stopped. Stopped living, stopped loving, just stopped. 

So it didn't shock me that she was okay with this. 

After loving someone for so long, you learn you who you are, and you change. You change, and you start to not love that person anymore. It's not exactly a bad thing, unless the other person is really hurt. If both have moved on, it's time to end the adventure and start a new one. 

I didn't think that would ever happen to us.

But, you pretty much think that about everyone. 

                                                 ~~~~

I love life. 

You break, feel like you can't be healed, but oh! Look what happened. You're better now, time to move on. 

Sure, our breakup was the worst. Jack and I were truly in love, but it just slowly stopped throughout the months. 

I don't really need a guy to make life sweet, but it's nice to have someone as company. 

I know Jack has a girlfriend now, but I'm much happier now. I'm free, without the stress of another.

Yes, I'll admit, sometimes I miss Jack. 

Fine, sometimes I cry over him, but only because I hate thinking of memories.

It might be over now, but I feel it still.