Runner➰Corbyn Besson

I just need a little time
To prove to you that I'm on something different.
I know you've been hurt before.
But you don't have to run from me I'm on your side.

Runner by Why Don't We

I stared at her, she was asleep on our bed, her hair covering her beautiful face. Well, she was asleep on her bed because we were at her house.

I understood why she didn't fully trust me like my former girlfriends did. I understood that she's scared of men, with everything she's been through. I understood that she was scarred, and she could never love anyone or herself like she had.

Just a few hours ago, she told me her story.

Just a few hours ago, we were in deep silence, me comprehending what had just been told.

Just a few hours ago, she fell asleep, leaving me alone.

"Y/N, why are you so quiet around me?" I asked gently. She had been watching TV on her phone, until she looked up slowly. "Why are you so quiet around everyone?"

"It's nothing, Corbyn." She lied. She looked back at her phone, and remained in her still position.

"Come on Y/N/N, it's never nothing, I know that." I smiled at her. She saw me, but stayed sitting on the opposite end of the couch.

"Corbyn..." She started, but didn't end.

"Y/N." I mimicked her, but slowly dragged out the beautiful name of hers.

"I-It's just that - I don't know - in just distant around everybody." she shrugged.

"Well, I need answer, Y/N." I said.

"I don't really trust men because all my life, they've been the ones to ruin me," she locked her phone, and looked medlar in the eyes. "My d-dad hated my m-mom, a-and he h-hated me-e. He hated my s-s-sisters so much along with us, he abused us. He r-raped my mom, we could hear it, it was terrible." She stuttered so much it was enough to make me cry. "When I was 10, my mom had enough. Two of her daughters were 18, she could move out then. So she did."

"For the next five years of my life, I spent life with my horrible father, and hurt and mental sisters. I was the only one who survived, mentally."

"Y/N, I-I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"When I turned 15, this one guy asked me out. He seemed nice, he seemed honest, but, not everyone is what they seem. For the next three months, he pretended like he cared, he pretended. He didn't. He didn't care. After those three months, the next year was torture. Twice the amount of pain to go through, at home and outside. It sucked. I broke up with him, or, more like he found someone better, left me on the road like an old cat who couldn't see, and the actress didn't want her anymore."

"I managed to live with my dad for the next three years, I don't know how, but surprisingly, I did."

It leads to now.

I knew she didn't want me here.

I loved her, she loved me, just not as much as I did.

I sighed, knowing that this girl was hurt, but I'm on her side. I'm different than all the men she's met. I just need a little time to prove to her I'm better. But she won't give my time.

I quietly and carefully got up from my seat, ready to walk out of her house.

Before I was stopped.

"Corbyn," she mumbled, her eyes still closed.

I whipped around, my head and heart falling apart.

"Can you stay?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah, if course I can, why not?" I chuckled, happy with myself.
•••••
But mainly happy with the girl, who in present time, is my wife, a mother of two children, my partner in crime and my forever friend for life.

Because after that night, everything that was mine, turned into everything that's now hers.