Dead➰Zachary Herron|Part 2

"Zach's not here right now."

How?

How is that even possible?

Just weeks ago, I got a voicemail from Jonah basically saying that Zach tried to kill himself. He never told me if he was dead or not.

But, apparently, he was. 

He is. 

I could hear Daniel breathing, slowly and gently, like always. He was scared for what I would say.

"Oh." Oh? That's all I could come up with? My ex boyfriend, who I still love, just killed himself, and I can only say Oh?

"Um, yeah." 

Once again, "Oh."

"I'm so sorry Y/N. This isn't easy to hear, I know." Daniel made sure that every word he said was careful.

"Do you know where he is?" I didn't want to assume he was gone. I don't like assuming things, when they could be true.

"He's, well, damnit. I can keep a secret can I?" He chuckled to himself, leaving me blank and confused. "The guys and part of I don't really want Zach to see you."

"What?" I spat out, realizing it sounded rude immediately. 

"I know, I know. It's completely stupid, I'm sorry. But, Y/N, he almost died. His heart stopped in the hospital. They brought it back, but we can't risk that again."

"Why would he risk that again? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Zach makes so many mistakes. He's young, so it makes sense. But, if he made another mistake with you, he would try again. I know, we know. We can't have him killing himself, and succeeding this time. So, we did lie, and told him that you haven't responded to us. I realized before anyone else that this was terrible, but I went with it. This is horrible, I'm horrible, and I'm so sorry."

"Daniel," I started sternly, making sure I had his attention. 

"Yes?" He asked scared.

"Don't ever lie to me or Zach again, you got that?" 

I couldn't see it, but I could hear him muster out a "Yes."

"Good. I'm coming over to the house. I will see Zach and you nor the boys can stop that." I told him, my confidence boosting. 

"Ok." He said, scared almost.

We said our goodbyes, and I got ready to go see the boy I haven't seen in a long time. 

~~~~~~~

I shut the car door, and slowly made my way to the house. I inched closer and closer, the yard only flooding in memories that saddened me. 

As I actually thought about it, Zach made so many mistakes, and I left him for that. 

But I'm coming back, and I'm staying. 

I approached the house that I once lived in.

I knocked on the door that I could once open right away.

The door opened, showing me Jonah's surprised face, full of shock, happiness, and confusion.

"Hey, Jonah." I smiled, and waved a tiny bit.

"Hey...Y/N." He paused before saying my name, as if he were scared.

"Um, I'm here to see Zach." I brushed some of the hair behind my ear.

"Well, uh," he sighed. "Did Daniel tell you?"

I nodded in agreement, him sighing even more. 

"Yeah, of course he did." He opened the door even more, so I could walk inside. "Come in."