Chapter 5

|Nikita|

The Lakme Fashion Week is just two days away, and I need all the outfits perfected by this evening!" I told my designer as we sat in the studio, preparing the models for the grand event. As the senior and more experienced one, it was my responsibility to ensure everything was flawless. This is one of the biggest events of 2017, and I don't want a single thing to ruin it. We've been working our asses off for a month, starting early in the morning and practicing until midnight until our legs gave out. Let me tell you, modeling isn't as easy as it looks. One mistake, and people will judge your skills.

"Sania! Move a bit more to your left!" I shouted from the front of the stage as the girls walked down the ramp.

I am the sweetest, nicest person you'll ever meet, but when I'm at work, and something's less than perfect, you better watch out. This professionalism came from my dad, of course.

"Radhika! For the hundredth time, do not sway your waist that much! You're not dancing here! Got it?" I shouted at another model who had been pissing me off for the past 15 minutes.

The whole studio was buzzing with activity, from stage setup to lights and decorations. As the show's star, I had to ensure everything was perfect. It's not that I haven't done these events before, but I take each new challenge seriously.

"Is everything looking good? Will we be able to pull this off? I don't know, some of them are still making silly mistakes. I want everything on point!" I said to Jake, one of my assistants and a good friend.

"Babe, they're amazing, and so are you! You just need to calm down. You've been running around since morning. Go home and rest. I don't want my showstopper to look exhausted," he said, handing me a glass of water.

"I think you're right, it's already 11," I said, drinking the water and getting up.

"Girls!" I yelled, and they all looked at me. "That's all for today. You can leave now. Take rest, and tomorrow we will try on our outfits and practice with them. Am I clear?" I looked around to see if anyone was confused.

"Yes!" they responded, and I left for home.

After an hour, I finally reached my apartment, which was half an hour from the studio. My apartment was huge for just one person. Sometimes my colleagues or school friends came over to hang out, but mostly I was alone. Since I was usually out for work and only came home to sleep, living alone didn't bother me.

I changed into shorts and a crop top and headed to the kitchen. I didn't have a maid because I loved cooking. Though I rarely had time to prepare elaborate dishes, I made sure to try something new whenever I could.

A girl like me, who loved junk food, had to give up everything to maintain her body with perfect curves. I quickly made some oats and broccoli, then hopped onto the couch to watch my favorite show, Game of Thrones. Gosh, I was obsessed with that series. It was on another level. After finishing dinner, I stretched out on my bed, exhausted from the day.

I picked up my phone and logged into Instagram, realizing I hadn't posted anything in a while due to my busy schedule.

INSTAGRAM

@nikita.sinha Just 2 days for the Lakme Fashion Week'17❤
#Excited😍 #Practicedays😇

10k likes| 1k comments

Comments:

@nikita.fc: Finally she posted!😍😍
Cutie pie😻😻😻

@nikitalovers: Can't wait for the event😭😭 U look stunning!😍

@hardikpandya93: Can you just stop being so hot niki piki!😹😹😍😍

@nikita.sinha: When will you stop calling me that?😒 Panda!😂🐼 @hardikpandya93

@hardikpandya93: The day when you will stop calling me that😂😒

@nikifanpage: Friendship goals😍😭
@nikita.sinha @hardikpandya93

I laughed reading his comment. Hardik and I were best friends since so many years. There was nothing formal between us we both insult each other to the heights and could kill if anyone else try to hurt anyone of us. That's what bestfriends are for. I was glad to have him in my life.

I was just checking out notifications in instagram when one really unusual thing caught up my attention.

Notifications:

@virat.kohli liked your photo.

"Okayyy! One more" my eyes widened than before.

@virat.kohli liked your photo.

@virat.kohli started following you.

And it continued till almost 40-50 pictures.
"Fine! It's normal to like someone's photos!" I said breathing a little heavy to understand what i just saw.

Do hell with normal! It isn't even nearby normal when the guy is Virat Kohli!

My inner thoughts were saying something else. The Indian skipper Virat Kohli just stalked my account.
Honestly i laughed a loud seeing this.
I mean how in the seven hells i could even think Mr. Captain's liking my pictures like a 15 year old guy who stalks his crush.

"Goshhh!" I again laughed!

I find it so stupid yet cute!

I couldn't resist from sending message to him. Let me see what the captain has to say in his defence.

Sorrryyy! Late update🙊. I was on vacation to Goa😻. Finally back to home😩.
How was the chapter?
Is this story going well by far?
Any suggestions feel free to message.
At last Thankyou so much for 1k+ reads😭💕. Love to all

Vote and comment💜