Chapter 24

|Nikita|

"When you fall in love with the right person, you're lucky, but when that person loves you back even more, you're the luckiest," I mused, overwhelmed with emotions. Virat's heartfelt expressions left me speechless. There was nothing more I could have asked for. His kiss felt like the answer to all my unspoken desires, and now, his touch was something I craved incessantly.

My love for Virat wasn't based on his appearance; it was about the way he looked at me. I had never realized its significance until now. Now, I yearned for his gaze on me, unable to imagine a life without feeling utterly and truly loved by him.

Finally, we had escaped the confines of our accidental relationship. Things had been going smoothly since the night we confessed our feelings. I accompanied him throughout his tour, and he shone brightly, scoring centuries in two matches. It filled me with pride and joy, erasing any lingering doubts about being a jinx for him.

As the team dispersed for a week's break, Virat and I stayed back in the city for an event he was attending. The evening promised to be enjoyable, but my patience wore thin as Virat got engrossed in conversations with his friends, leaving me feeling neglected.

I found myself surrounded by superficial conversations and fake smiles, which only added to my discomfort. I wasn't keen on attending the event, preferring to return to Mumbai for my pending shoots. However, Virat's insistence kept us there.

Excusing myself from the insincere company, I sought solace near the bar counter. That's when I noticed Aryan, someone I hoped to avoid.

I silently prayed he wouldn't cross paths with Virat.

"Hey, babe, are you enjoying?" Virat's voice interrupted my thoughts as he pulled my cheeks playfully.

"Did you find time to notice your girlfriend?" I teased, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry, baby. They just wouldn't let me go," he pouted.

"I'm bored to death here, Vee. Please don't leave me with those insincere girls," I sighed, taking a sip of my mocktail.

"Haha! My little angry girl! I promise I won't leave your side," he chuckled, adjusting my hair.

"What should we do now?" I sighed again, feeling a bit lost.

"Let's go upstairs, baby. I want some alone time with you," he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

We quickly made our escape to a private room upstairs. As soon as Virat locked the door, he pulled me close, his breath warm against my skin as he nuzzled my neck. His whispered declaration of love sent waves of pleasure through me.

Our intimate moments were interrupted by a sudden rough and passionate kiss. As our desires intensified, Virat's fervor increased, making it hard to catch my breath. He swept me off my feet, and in that moment, I could feel his desire mirrored in my own.

However, my hesitation became apparent, and Virat sensed it immediately. He stopped, pulling me into a comforting embrace.

"You're not ready, Niku," he stated more as an affirmation than a question.

He could read my mind!

"It's not that, Vee," I started, feeling guilty.

"You don't have to lie, baby. I want you to be able to talk to me about anything. Otherwise, I'll feel like I'm not a good boyfriend," he said, holding my hands gently.

"Vee, you're amazing. I love you, and I'm sorry. You're right; I need more time. It's not about trust; it's about readiness," I confessed, playing with his beard.

"Baby, I know you trust me. I won't rush you, Niku. I can wait until you're ready. I love you, and I want our first time to be special, not just for pleasure, but because I want to make love to you," he reassured me, kissing my forehead tenderly.

"I love you" I said, hugging him tightly as we got up from the bed.

"And by the way, how was the kiss, baby?" He teased, making me blush.

"I'm hungry; let's not talk about it," I deflected, unable to meet his eyes.

|VIRAT|

Niku was driving me crazy in the best way possible. Even though she wanted to return home, this event extended our stay. I was surprised at how easily she agreed to sneak away upstairs. It showed me her trust and vulnerability, igniting my desire for her even more.

I wanted things to be on her terms. I wouldn't force her into anything; whenever she was ready, we would move forward.

As we returned downstairs, Niku deflected our conversation about the kiss. It was her way of avoiding such intimate talks, and I found it adorable how she used her 'hungry' excuse every time.

Later, as we were about to leave for Mumbai, something caught my attention—a guy named Aryan approached me.

"Hey there," he greeted, catching me off guard.

"Hello, but do I know you?" I asked, confused.

"I'm Aryan, the photographer for this event. Nikita is your girlfriend, right? So, did she trap you this time?" he chuckled.

"What do you mean?" My tone turned serious.

"Well, truth be told, she and I had a thing years ago. You know how it is in this industry; sometimes you have to do things to get ahead. She was quite something in bed," he smirked, provoking me.

His words about Niku were vile, and I clenched my fists in anger.

"Don't you dare speak about her like that! If you mention her again, I'll make sure you regret it," I warned, pushing him back forcefully.

"You'll see , she'll cheat you someday!" He chuckled and left.

Anger surged through me; nobody had the right to tarnish Niku's name. But what bothered me more was why she hadn't mentioned him before.

Back in the car, my silence spoke volumes, and Niku sensed my unease immediately.

"Vee, what's wrong? You don't seem okay," she asked, her hand on my shoulder.

"Who's Aryan?" I asked, my voice low and firm.

Her reaction shifted from curiosity to nervousness as she played with her fingers.

"Shit! Did he say something to you?" she asked, guilt evident in her eyes.

"Who is he? Tell me," I insisted, holding her hands.

I needed to know everything; I was supposed to know everything.

"Vee, years ago, during a photoshoot, he misbehaved with a model. I stood up to him, and as revenge, he spread false rumors about us dating. It was all lies. This incident was long buried, and I had forgotten about it until today. I was just praying that you two wouldn't cross paths because I knew he'd try something," she explained, looking into my eyes.

"I know, baby. I trust you, but why didn't you tell me about him earlier?" I asked softly, feeling a pang of hurt.

"It was in the past, and I completely forgot about it. I promise this won't happen again. I won't hide anything from you," she promised, meeting my gaze.

"I love you, and you know that," I kissed her forehead, restarting the car.

"I love you, and you know that too," she echoed, making me smile as she rested her head on my shoulder.

I loved her more than words could express.

~~