Chapter 20

|Virat|

"Please fasten your seat belts and turn off your mobile phones," the air hostess announced once again as the flight prepared to depart for our next destination, a series of ODIs and T-20s.

I sat with Pandya while Niku was with Rits. The girls seemed to bond effortlessly, and I could see Niku laughing wholeheartedly, although I had no idea about the topic of their conversation. Women's talks are something I'll never fully understand, but seeing her smile so genuinely was enough to bring me a sense of peace. I could watch her laugh like that for hours.

"Bro!!!" Pandya shouted near my ears.

"What the hell! Bro! I'm right here next to you! No need to shout," I glared at him, taking a sip of my coffee but keeping my eyes on Niku.

"Yes! I've been trying to get your attention for 10 minutes, and you're completely ignoring me!" He said, crossing his arms and turning his head away.

"Oh! Baby Pandya! Stop acting like a little girl! Spit it out now!" I said, teasingly pulling his cheeks.

"Do you like niki?" He asked, raising his eyebrows, making me feel a bit nervous.

"What? Um... No! You know everything, Pandya. You know how all this started!" I said, avoiding eye contact.

"I know everything, bro, but I can see you're falling for her! Don't deny it, captain!" He said, batting his eyelashes.

"How can you say that with such confidence?" I looked at him, intrigued.

"Bhai! I've known you for a long time now! I've been watching you since the flight took off; you haven't taken your eyes off her! You weren't even listening to me! It's been a while since you've been with a girl, and now that she's here, I've been observing you. The way you look at her, care for her, you haven't done that for anyone, bhai!" He explained, making it clear.

Damn! He's a mind reader!

"And! Do you think I'm a fool? I know niki was with you in the dressing room! Now, come on, tell me, am I right or am I right?" He grinned, leaving me speechless.

Shit! He knows everything!

"Wow! What have you done? Huh! bloody all-rounder," I scoffed, making him chuckle.

"Fine! I like her a lot! I'm falling in love with her. Every little thing she does, whether it's the way her smile turns into laughter in seconds or the way she brushes her hair back from her face, I feel more drawn to her every day. I've never felt like this for anyone!" I admitted, smiling to myself.

Just talking about her brings a smile to my face.

"I knew it!" He fist-pumped in the air.

"I'm so happy, bro! Just tell her all this!" He said excitedly.

"What? No! I don't know what she feels for me! We already had a little argument before! She annoys me to hell every time by saying this is just an accidental relationship, blah, blah, blah!" I mimicked her.

"I'll wait for the right moment! And until then, I'm enjoying it this way and going with the flow!" I continued and smiled at Pandya.