17

*yay lit chapter for the two brosicles hanging out.*

Lance hurried downstairs and opened the door, letting his friend inside.

She punched his arm as she walked in, "You goddamn idiot. You're lucky we love you so much." once he closed the door, she pulled him into a tight hug, "If you die, I'll kill you."

Lance laughed softly, a hint of sadness behind it, "I love you guys too, Pidge."

Pidge said hi to Lance's family before the two of them went to his back yard. They went into the treehouse that Lance's father had built a few years back. But now Miguel has outgrown it and Maria isn't old enough for it so Lance used it to get away from his family.

The two sat down on the giant bean bag chair next to each other and looked at the sky through the skylight. Lance's father made it out of some plastic after cutting a hole in the ceiling.

"Lance.. Why didn't you tell us how you were feeling? You didn't tell anyone..." Pidge asked softly, still looking up.

He shrugged a bit, "I didn't think anyone would care.. I thought it'd just be better if I just.. just... just died.." his voice cracked a bit and he sniffled.

Pidge held his hand and looked over at him, "Listen to me. I care. I fucking care. Hunk cares. Keith cares. You're family cares. We all care. You're our friend, we love you. Things wouldn't be the same without you. I would never forgive you if you took yourself from us."

He looked at her and started crying softly, "You really care that much..? You'd really miss me?"

She pulled him closer and hugged him, "Of course I'd miss you! You're a dipshit but you're my dipshit and I need you." she laughed softly, "I need my semi-gay best friend by my side."

He laughed softly through his tears and kept hugging her, "And I need you too. You're like another sister to me..."

She smiled and ran her hand through his hair, "And you're like another brother to me.. So don't you dare pull another stupid ass stunt like that again.. With Matt leaving for college this week, I'll need you to stand in for big brother duty."

He smiled and pulled away from the hug a bit, wiping his tears away, "Of course.. I'll gladly be your substitute brother until he comes home." he laughed.

She poked his nose, "Good." she sat up, "But now I need your semi-gay fashion sense to aid me in picking an outfit for my date tonight."

He nodded and sat up too, "Where are you two going?"

She shrugged, "The park is having a movie showing tonight. They're playing The Breakfast Club. We love that movie so I thought it'd be a good date night thing."

Lance stood up, "Okay, let's walk to your house so I can look through your clothes."

She stood up too and the two left the treehouse. They cut through the yard between their houses, getting yelled at by the moody old man who lived there. They went into Pidge's house through her back door.

"MATT! I'M BACK AND I'VE BROUGHT BACK A WILD ANIMAL THAT I FOUND IN THE WOODS!!" Pidge shouted as loud as she could.

Lance chuckled a bit as the two started to walk upstairs. Matt called out to them, "Katie I swear to god if you're serious I'm going to kill you then tell mom and dad so they can kill you a second time!!" he walked out of his room as Pidge and Lance made it up the stairs.

"Calm down, faglord. It's just Lance. He is an animal but I found him at his house, not the woods." Pidge laughed at him, "I need his gayness right now."