22

*starting with a group chat with everyone*

August 14 - 2:57 pm

katiehatesyou: has anyone heard from Lance????

shirogone: nope

kmskeith: not since lunch. why??

hunkinthetrunk: he's not showing up where we usually meet after school

ayellura: I saw him by his locker when I was leaving my last class

katiehatesyou: checked there already. he's not there anymore

kmskeith: should I swing by and help you look for him?

katiehatesyou: I don't know. maybe. it's not unusual for him to be late I'm just worried because the fight earlier

leggylance: calm down, peasants. I lost my phone and had to go looking for it.

kmskeith: oh thank god

hunkinthetrunk: you should've texted us so we weren't worried!

ayellura: from what phone hunk? XD

hunkinthetrunk: what do you mean?

leggylance: hunk I was late because I was looking for my phone

hunkinthetrunk: I realize my mistake

hunkinthetrunk has left the chat

katiehatesyou: it's funny how he thinks he can escape us making fun of him by leaving the chat. but I'm standing next to him and Lance is walking over too

shirogone: bring the hell Pidge

*haha bet I scared you. now it's klance yay*

3:42 pm

kmskeith: I'm calling you. You have no say in the matter so you better pick up

Video Calling leggylance...

Connecting...

Lance answered quickly, the phone propped up against something on his desk as he wrote something down, his face was partially hidden, "I'm doing homework, you dork."

"Look at me, Lance.." Keith said with a frown, looking at the screen.

Lance sighed and looked at the screen, his busted lip and bruised jaw now visible, "Happy? Is this what you wanted to see? Oh, let's not forget this one!" he moved his hair to show a bruise near his hairline. He looked down at his paper again after, continuing to write.

Keith frowned more, "You're in a bad mood... You were still joking during detention so you're not upset about the fight. What happened?"

Lance shrugged, "Everyone freaked out over it when I got home so I just was hoping you wouldn't make a big deal out of it. But it's you so I don't know why I expected any different."

Keith sighed, "I'm sorry.. I was just worried. We don't have to talk about it, I just wanted to see.."

"I'd like if we found a different topic. We can talk about it later, I'm just done with it right now." Lance spoke without looking up.

Keith nodded, understanding, "Okay.. Oh, I need help with something." he propped his phone up as he grabbed his bag, "This Spanish class is kicking my ass. I was hoping you'd be able to help me. I need to get this down before Wednesday, we're having a quiz."