52.

Ashley stared at Santiago and me attentively as we handed her folder after folder. I wasn't going to send Libby out of the country on her own. Ashley was going to supervise Ian gets treated properly once arriving before returning back to Spain. Although I acted like a complete bitch towards Libby, she was going to be taken care of. I wouldn't let anything happen to her or Ian. 

"My Queen..I can't do this." She nearly cried out to me. "King Sebastian will be furious when he finds out what we did." 

"That's why he isn't going to find out. I need you to do this for me, it's not me asking you as a friend, it's an order. You were trained to be the Queen's right hand and you must fulfill your duties." 

Ashley turned to look at Santiago and he nodded at her. "Your only job is to make sure Libby and Ian arrive at the hospital safely. Once there the doctors will take care of the rest. You stay there for the next three days to see how things are running. When I give you the okay, you will return back. Sebastian won't ask where you are and if he does I'll make something up. You don't worry about that." 

She sighed heavily. "Okay." She tightens her grip on the folders. 

"Santiago will take you to the airport. I trust you, Ashley, don't fail me." 

"I won't disappoint you." She promised. 

"Thank you." Santiago excused himself and took Ashley with him. I pulled out my chair and slumped down. My stomach was tied in knots as the memories from earlier came flooding back to me. Libby's facial expressions as I called her a whore taunted me. A part of me felt as if I was too harsh on her, yet another part of me felt as if this was the only way she was going to understand why I was asking her to leave. 

No one understands when you are the Queen you cannot be the good person nor the bad, one way or another someone will critic you. I cannot win in this situation and whether she hates me for the rest of her life or forgives me one day for running her off, she'll understand my decision was never easy to make. 

There was a soft knock on the door and Officer Ron peeped his head in. "You called?" 

"Yeah, come in," I said posturing myself back on the chair. If I wanted this plan to run smoothly and give myself time for Libby to get situated in the new hospital, Sebastian needed to be occupied with meetings. 

Officer Ron wasn't aware of my current decision to run off Libby nor did I know how he was going to react when I tell him what I did. Thinking about it, I should've consulted with him about my plan before going along with it. He was the wiser one here and he could have had a better plan in mind. 

"Take a seat, please." 

He took a seat and stared towards my direction. "So, why did you call me?" 

"I need to explain to you what is happening and what I need from you.." I took in a deep breath and started telling him about my bright idea. During the entire time speaking to him, never did he change his nonchalant facial expression. He listened attentively to every detailed about how I had Ian transfer out of the country because I was afraid this was going to ruin the Royal Families name. 

"I need you to keep Sebastian busy tomorrow until my in-laws arrive tomorrow. I cannot have him going to the hospital and not finding Ian there." 

Officer Ron leaned back relaxing on the chair. He cocked his head to the side trying to gather his thoughts. His silence was killing me. 

"I messed up, I know." I buried my face in my hands. 

"My Queen you did what you believed was the best decision for the Royal Family. You were only fulfilling your duty as the Queen. I don't believe you should feel ashamed doing what you believed was right." He encouraged me. 

"Ron, do you truly believe I did the right thing?" My gaze met his. 

"As Sebastian right-hand, I would expect for him to do the same thing. As your friend and seeing Sebastian as my own son, I think this is going to devast him. But I agree he has been lacking his duties as the King and we need him to stay away from Ian. " 

"She signed a contract stating if she returned to the city, Ian was going to be taken away from her. If something like this was to get exposed it would ruin us. Personally, there was everything being put to risk here. I did what the contract warned her about." The last part seemed more like a way to convince me for the cruel part I played throwing Libby out.  

Officer Ron leaned forward and grabbed onto my hand. "Adalyn, it is never easy doing something out of your character, but you and I know Sebastian isn't thinking about the risk. You have to understand you cannot blame yourself for a decision you knew was the best for this family...for him." 

"Yeah. Do you think you can keep him busy tomorrow?" I asked. 

"Of course, he is behind some of his meetings for this week, so I will force him to finish them off tomorrow. Don't worry, I will take care of him." He gave a small smile. 

"Okay, thank you." i sighed out. 

He got up from his chair and looks at me tiredly. "You should get some rest, Adalyn. I think you deserve it." 

I stood up and agreed with him. For the first time in awhile, I felt drained emotionally and physically. We walked out of the officer and parted ways, he went towards the staff wing and I went up the stairs. Halfway up the stairs I stopped myself and took off my heels. I wanted to strip down from my clothes and curl up to bed naked. 

My body yearns to be given a break from the stress it was enduring these past few weeks. I think I had put myself through enough aches my body wanted to turn off on its own. Deep inside, I wanted Sebastian to wrap his arms around me and pull me close to him. I pushed the door open and walked inside. Sebastian was lying in the bed, with his head glued to a book. It had been a long time since I seen him near a book, the closest thing he came to written paragraphs on a page was contracts needed to be signed. 

Normally. I'd have something to say to him, not tonight though. I dropped my heels on the floor and threw the blouse over my head to a corner on the other side of the room. I stripped down from my pants and grabbed a shirt from the closet. The shirt belonged to Sebastian. Without much thought, I took off my bra and dropped it next to me. When I looked up, Sebastian's eyes were glued to me. He stared at his shirt in my hand then my bare body. He lowered down his book and shifted on the bed. I dropped the shirt on the ground, climbing on the bed, I got onto of him. 

His eyes had traveled from my body to my eyes. His fingers touched my back, causing me to let out a soft sigh. Every part he touched he left a burning sensation behind. I leaned forward, pressing my lips on his perfect plumped ones. With his other free hand, he tangled his fingers in my hair, pulling me closer to deepen the kiss. 

I wanted time to freeze at this moment, for a brief time my mind, my body, and soul felt an eternal peace. A calmness within me which was hours away to be blown a hurricane. 

Sebastian departed his lips from mine and moved down my neck. My hand landed on the bedframe as he began to suck down on my neck. My eyes landed on the ring on my finger. 

Tomorrow night will Sebastian remember he married me because he loved me? Will he remember everytime he connected his body with mine? Will he have tonight memories engraved  in his mind, he will be able to forgive me for turning my back against him?

***

Can we take a moment to praise how well I have been updating today! lol