Act Two Summary - 1

The scene begins with a dream. Young Harry Potter is sleeping in the cupboard under the stairs at Privet Drive. His Aunt Petunia wakes him to say that the pots he cleaned were still dirty. When Harry gets up, his aunt notices that he wet the bed and begins insulting him, that only animals and disgusting little boys could do such a thing. Still within the dream, Young Harry tells Aunt Petunia that he was dreaming about how he saw his parents die. She reminds him that if he was truly reliving their death, he would've heard the sounds of a car accident.

The dream dissolves into something else. We see his son, Albus, staring at him, and then hear the voice of Voldemort hissing.

"Harry Potter."

Harry wakes up and illuminates the staircase as Ginny enters and tells him that there isn't any news involving Albus. He explains his dream, and that Albus was in the Forbidden Forest wearing Durmstrang robes. This leads him to believe that he knows where to find his son.

Now at Hogwarts, while Harry tells McGonagall about his dream, Hermione suddenly appears through the chimney, having used Floo Powder, and asks if she can assist. Ginny says that she's working on printing an emergency edition of the Daily Prophet, asking for volunteers. Then Ron bursts through the door...he also used Floo Powder, but landed in the kitchen and ate some food. Apparently, this is typical behavior. Suddenly the chimney rumbles and Draco enters the scene with a change of heart. Harry is surprised, but Draco claims that he still doesn't believe him. It's just that Harry Potter is always where the action is, and he would do anything to get his son back.

In the Forbidden Forest, Albus and Scorpius are learning the disarming spell from Delphi Diggory. Evidently, this is the first time Albus is doing well with spellcasting. Observing this connection with Delphi, part of Scorpius likes it and another part does not. Delphi says Albus is becoming a good wizard. He tells her that she should stick around and teach them more spells. There is a slight flirtation, and Delphi says that she's not going anywhere without them. They are all friends now. Albus comes up with a plan: all they have to do is make sure that Cedric loses the first task in the Triwizard Tournament, so he doesn't get killed by Voldemort during the Third. Albus is going to disarm Cedric before he distracts the dragon and wins the task. Delphi gives them two school uniforms from Durmstrang, because people will be expected to know who they are if they dress in Hogwarts robes. Scorpius tells Delphi to let them go back in time on their own. Delphi doesn't want to stay behind and gets momentarily upset. Then she calms down, wishes them luck, and reminds the boys that they have the opportunity to change history and give an old man his son back. She kisses Albus on the cheeks and leaves him blushing. Scorpius is slightly jealous.

Harry calls out for Albus in the Forbidden Forest. He finds Bane, the centaur, instead. Bane tells him that it wasn't a good idea to trespass on centaur land. The forest was given to them after the Battle of Hogwarts as gratitude for helping to defeat Voldemort. Harry explains that his son is missing and that he needs help. Bane tells Harry that he saw Albus in the movements of the stars, and that a black cloud surrounds him, which could endanger Albus and the entire wizard community. With this news, Harry redoubles his search.

At the edge of the Forbidden Forest, Scorpius confesses to Albus that he has wanted to go to Hogwarts since the first time he heard about it. And he hoped that Harry's son might go on that adventure with him. Albus reminds Scorpius that he is not like his father, but Scorpius tells him that he is better, because Albus is his best friend. Then Ron's voice is heard calling out for Albus, so the boys use the Time-Turner and travel back in time.

It is 1994. They have successfully made it to the first task of the Triwizard Tournament, which was to retrieve a golden egg from a dragon-guarded nest. The boys encounter a young Hermione Granger in the stands and mistakenly call her Rose. They apologize and try to explain their confusion. She asks how they knew her name was Hermione. Before drawing more suspicion, the sound of a dragon roar distracts the crowd and Scorpius gets concerned because the Time-Turner is beginning to shake. When Cedric Diggory is close enough to grab the dragon egg, Albus casts a spell to disarm him. Something goes wrong with the Time-Turner. Suddenly a flash of light appears, and the boys are transported back to the present. Albus screams in pain, and Scorpius realizes that the Time-Turner must have a time limit. Albus wonders aloud if their plan worked, just as his parents and uncle arrive. Before collapsing, he asks if they did something wrong.

While Albus sleeps in the Hospital Wing, Harry addresses the portrait of Albus Dumbledore. The portrait asks Harry about his son, and he says that Madam Pomfrey was able to reset his arm. Dumbledore expresses that it must be difficult to see a child in pain. Harry responds by apologizing for never having asked about naming Albus after him. Dumbledore says that it seemed like a great weight to put on the boy. Harry asks for advice on how to protect his son, and Dumbledore tells him to see young Albus for who he is. He believes that Harry has been blinded by his love for him. Albus wakes up, and Dumbledore departs. Albus lies by saying that he and Scorpius wanted to start living in the Muggle world instead of going back to Hogwarts. Harry tells him that he needs to stay away from Scorpius Malfoy because the boy is dangerous! He might very well be the black cloud Bane described!

Now speaking with Professor McGonagall. Harry instructs her to watch his son more closely. Albus will stay in the Gryffindor Common Room and she will check up on him, while Harry's department begins an investigation into Scorpius' true heritage. Albus tells his father that he can't go into Gryffindor Tower. He is a Slytherin. Harry tells him to stop playing games. We learn with Albus that something has changed with the present. In this alternate universe, Albus was sorted into Gryffindor.

On the Hogwarts staircase, Albus runs into his Uncle Ron and asks him to make a joke. But Ron is confused by this. Apparently, this version of Ron Weasley doesn't know any jokes. Albus states that this is impossible. He runs a joke shop. Ron seems confused by this as well, and says that he brought Albus a gift: a brand-new set of quills. He wanted to bring his nephew some sweets, but his wife Padma thought school supplies were better. Albus is shocked to hear that he has an Aunt Padma. Ron reveals that he came to Hogwarts because his son, Panju, was in trouble. Incredulous, Albus tells Ron that he is married to Hermione. Ron laughs, and it is soon revealed that Albus was sorted into Gryffindor over a bet with his cousin Panju. Albus had asked the Sorting Hat to place him in Gryffindor to prove his cousin wrong.

Scorpius arrives and asks Albus if he's alright. Albus tells Scorpius that they are better off apart.

 Albus tells Scorpius that they are better off apart