WTF: Volde...

Welcome back to today's episode of the broader canon transgressions of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!

For Voldemort and Vomit

The play proposes in the "dark universe", where Harry died and Voldemort went on to be king or something, that our big bad is super chill. You can say his name now. Oh, and there's more!

DOLORES UMBRIDGE: So we can continue our work together?

SCORPIUS: We can.

She puts her hand to her heart, and touches her wrists together.

DOLORES UMBRIDGE: For Voldemort and Valor.

SCORPIUS (trying to copy): For - um - yes.

He's got a slogan AND a secret handshake! Jack Thorne, you mad genius. Y'know, I used to have these sorts of ideas. But then I had to grow up. Because I was maybe eight at the time. Let me guess... Voldemort now has the most-awesomest-ever treehouse with FULL squirt guns and a rope ladder, so he can draw it up quickly. I mean, you can't just have intruders climb up without permission. And no girls allowed!

Seriously tho, where's your brain? Voldemort won the Battle of Hogwarts and now his name is being used casually. His dedicated followers are dropping V-bombs without a care in the world.

I'm fighting back the urge to just keep the caps lock on at all times now.

Voldemort didn't want his name spoken. He took pleasure in evoking fear in others without the use of magic. They set up the taboo in Deathly Hallows so it would be easier to find the few people in the wizarding world who were foolish enough to speak that frightful name, like Harry and the other members of Dumbledore's Army.

Uhm, Mike. Maybe his followers would use his name now... Mike.

No. No, they understood better than most. Here's an example from Chapter 35 of Order of the Phoenix:

"What kind of prophecy?" repeated Bellatrix, the grin fading from her face. "You jest, Harry Potter."

"Nope, not jesting," said Harry, his eyes flicking from Death Eater to Death Eater, looking for a weak link, a space through which they could escape. "How come Voldemort wants it?"

Several of the Death Eaters let out low hisses.

"You dare speak his name?" whispered Bellatrix.

"Yeah," said Harry, maintaining his tight grip on the glass ball, expecting another attempt to bewitch it from him. "Yeah, I've got no problem with saying Vol-"

"Shut your mouth!" Bellatrix shrieked. "You dare speak his name with your unworthy lips, you dare besmirch it with your half-blood's tongue, you dare -"

If Voldemort had survived the final battle (which he didn't) because he killed Harry Potter (which he couldn't have), there's still no way he would have tolerated his name being spoken so frivolously, especially in an emotionless motto about valor. Valor? Since when did he stand for valor? I can't believe I'm asking this question, but you do know what that word means, don't you? Uh-uh, no, the Dark Lord wouldn't have wanted flags or secret handshakes if he rose to power. And that damn well includes a holiday with name integration.

Voldemort Day...

Get this rookie crap out of my fandom!

No Horcrux, Mo Problems

GINNY: Does your scar hurt?

HARRY: No. No. I'm fine. Now, Nox that and let's get some sleep.