School - Cassidy

"Daddy," Ewan whined, clinging onto your husband's leg and sniffling. "I don't wanna go!"

"You got to, lad," Cassidy crouched down so that he was eye-level with your son. "You'll be fine. Trust me."

"Mummy," Ewan turned to you, his little eyes gazing up at you and pleading. "Please don't make me go."

"You have to," you said softly, crouching down like your husband had. "It's not for long, just a few hours, and then we'll pick you up, alright? And if you're good, we can go get McDonald's for tea."

"Really?" Ewan's eyes lit up, making you and Cassidy laugh softly.

"Yes," you promised, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "I promise." Ewan walked a feet away into the classroom, while you and Cassidy watched, trying your best not to cry.
"He's all grown up," you whispered, clinging onto your husband's hand. "Our little boy, he's all grown up."

"Don't cry, love," Cassidy whispered, pulling you flush against him and pressing his lips to your forehead. "He's only going to school."

"I know," you sniffled. "But I'm worried. What if he gets bullied?"

"His good ol' Daddy will get sort that shite out," Cassidy mumbled, he would rather step out naked in sunlight than watch his own son get picked on. "He'll be fine."