chapter one

"Belle get down here"my mother Lucy Henderson shouted from the living room.

"I'll be there in a sec mom"I shouted back it was like an everyday thing in my house my mom shouting from the living and me or the twins shouting back my two little brothers Ben and ken or the terrific two like they call themselves. My name is belle Henderson and yes i am half French half american if there was even a thing like that because whenever i told anyone my name they always ask if i was French and i always repeat the same story that my mother is French and my father was american. My father died in a car accident when i was fifteen everyone pitied us gossiping about how we were going to survive because my mother was a full house wife and there were a lot of things to pay for after his death but my mother worked day and night and when i turned sixteen i decided to help her and now we have a coffee shop/bakery where i worked with my mom i decided to continue working there even after university because i loved baking and working at LA Belle was great i told my mom the first time she named it that it was too cheesy but she said she loved it and i grew to love it too i am twenty five years old doing a job i love and a family i loved more i couldn't possibly ask for more.

"What took you so long?"my mom asked as she saw me coming down the stairs narrowing her grey eye at me much like mine,i looked more like her from her grey eyes to her raven black hair and her curvy form except she is tall and am not much to my irritation the twins looked more like our father with blue eyes and blonde hair.

" nothing mom i couldn't find my second pair of sandal which lily hid"lily was my over sized cat who was too lazy for it own good.

"I tell you one of this days am going to do something about that hairy balloon i wonder why you would name such a thing a pretty name such as lily" she said glaring at the creature coming down the stairs with too much ease.

"Come on now let's go"i said grabbing a box of freshly baked doughnut and the truck keys the coffee shop wasn't far from our house but we have to drive there because of the loads my mom and i make sure to wake up by four so we can start the baking so we could open the shop by six i don't get much rest except for weekend which i have as my day off but off course i still help with the baking.

I stopped the truck in front of the coffee shop my mom was already out taking the boxes inside.

" hey"Sam said coming toward me Samantha is my best friend she was always there first to set up before the others got there she is beautiful with blonde hair and model stature i had asked once why she didn't go into modelling but she always said modelling wasn't her calling and that she is happy with what she does.

"Morning"i replied back while carrying a box which she collected from i mumbled a thanks and grabbed another one we entered the shop together the bell at the entrance dinged the coffee shop wasn't very big but it was okay painted in bright lemon and cream color with a big rectangular glass box to display mouth watering pastries and a menu board by the side it was homey,it was perfect.

" hey need any help setting those up"Sam said pointing to the boxes on the counter.

"No thanks mom and i can take care of this you can set the tables though"

"Okay the guys should be here any minute now anyway" she said grinning.
"So guess what?" She said still smiling.

"Don't tell me you got too drunk last night and woke up in a strangers bed this time" because that was so Sam she can't control herself when she's drunk and she went to a club last night alone when i refused to go with her.

"Haha very funny,anyway that's not it do you........"

"Samantha get to work and stop gossiping" my moms said coming out of the kitchen.

"Oh come on aunt Lucy i was just about to tell belle about Mrs Suarez, you know the old lady who lives across the street" she said gesturing with her hands."well her son is back and god he is one chewy piece of meat"

"Oh i saw him last night what a good looking young man,James is it?" Sam nodded.

"Ugh James belle don't you remember we went to school together" Sam said frowning at me.

"I know him wasn't he the guy that asked you out to prom but you turned him down now you find him good looking" i said smirking at her i heard my mom chuckling while going back to the kitchen.

"Hey don't give me that look well he errmm wasn't good looking then but who cares that's in the past now" she said giggling.

"God Samantha Douglas you are a slut"

"But you love me" she said leaning over the counter to air kiss me.