chapter four

It was Saturday which was my day off my mom already had a replacement for me who helps her at the coffee shop. As i got down from the stairs i saw Ben sitting on a stool in the kitchen tapping on his iPhone probably playing game he was an addict to video games.

"Hey Ben" i said ruffling his hair.

"Hey sis" he said not taking his eyes off the screen of his phone.

"Morning belle" ken said from the couch where he had been sitting i didn't even know he was there or even awake because ken liked to sleep.

Ken and Ben looked so much alike it was even hard for me to tell them apart sometimes people say you can tell twins apart by their behaviours but not for my brothers they think the same way,say the same thing and even feel the same thing like they always said but i think that was lie right?
I guess it was a twin thing i could never understand.

"Mom left already" ken said.

"She said you need to get some things from the grocery store" Ben said,they were completing each other's words they did that a lot which i found lame,super annoying and a bit cute for sixteen year old boys.

"Did she leave a list of what i need to get?" I asked and they both pointed to the freezer at the same time,i walked to the freezer and unclipped the paper.

"Morning honey i need you to get this from the store okay oh and James says hi" the list consisted of the usual eggs,milk and other junks the boys loved to eat.

****************************

I rechecked the list to make sure i didn't miss a thing after making sure i bought everything i went out of the store with my purchase after arranging  the bags of groceries in the trunk of my car i entered and drove out of the parking lot i decided to take a short cut back home as i drove by i saw two police men leading a man in handcuff toward their car i looked out the window to see who it i gasped as i realized who the man was i immediately parked and jumped out of the car i know interfering in police business was an offence but i couldn't let it go because the man in handcuff was Mr Dawson he was simply the nicest being on earth as i ran toward them i noticed a black limo parked behind my car.

"Wait,hold on" i said stooping the officers who gave me weird looks.

"Belle girl what are you doing here?" Mr Dawson said with sadness evident in his eyes.

"Excuse me officers am so sorry to interrupt but am sure you made a mistake" i said eyeing the handcuff on Mr Dawson's wrist.

"Miss please would you step aside this is none of your business" the first officer said his name tag read officer Hopper while the other one had officer Alexander,and he was much bigger than Hopper.

"Belle girl,leave it alone everything is going to be alright" Mr Dawson said with a small smile,he was a widower his wife Ellie died of cancer five years ago and they never had any children he was like a grandfather to me.

"You want me to leave and pretend i never saw this? No way,officers can you please explain what happened to me maybe this is just a misunderstanding" i said looking at Hopper because he looks more reasonable and less scary.

"You must be related to him,miss if you want to settle this i think you should talk to Mr Wilde" he said.

"Mr Wilde" i asked because i felt like i knew that name.

"Belle leave it be" Mr Dawson said.

"No,i can't let you go jail" i said leaving no room for argument,if he went to jail no one was going to help him since he had no family here in new York."where is this Mr Wilde?"i asked feeling irritated at the man who had no shame to put an old man in jail.

"There is a black limo..........i think you are going to talk to him after all" officer Alexander said looking behind me before giving me a glare.

"Thank you" i said turning to go over to the black limo i had seen earlier and smacked into someone's chest.

"Owwwww" i cried holding my nose i looked up to give the person a piece of my mind and was tongue tied because starring down at me were two stunning glassy green eyes.

"You really can't help yourself huh clumsy" he said i was still staring at him until i heard him chuckle i snapped out of the trance i was in.

"You" i said pointing at him he raised an eyebrow at me and god he was sexy,a walking sex on legs. Oh boy.