Forty five

Jayson's POV

"Sir?" Ben said with a frown expecting an answer to his question, what was the question again? I wasn't paying attention and I made no show of it. Why though? Because I wouldn't stop thinking about her.

The way she felt in my arms, so soft and pure. I was used to women who tasted like expensive wines and smelt of exotic perfumes, but she, she tasted like strawberries, chocolate and every other sweet things I was never fortunate enough to have tasted. The sweet flowery scent that always clings to her being makes me think of things I shouldn't, it makes me dream of things I shouldn't. I have no idea what is so special about her, I just knew that she was.

Lord, the things I've thought about doing to her, with her. The way I was going to use her, if she knew about any of my impure thoughts she would indeed run from here to China. She wasn't afraid of me, but she should be. Oh she would be.

"Sir you still haven't said anything yet" Ben said interrupting my thoughts.

"Let him go Gibson" Ben's reaction was just as I imagined. Raised eyebrows, slightly parted lips: surprise. Sharp piercing eyes, a light frown: confusion.

"But....why..."

"Yes why would I want to let go of the man who threatened to kill me?" I watched as he leaned forward, lips pressed in a thin line, eyes questioning: curiosity. "I don't know the answer to that Gibson, but get it done and make smith understand that if he so much as show his face in front of me ever again, I won't be so understanding. We clear?"

He nodded with a sigh. "Now, if that's all, you can leave. I'm trying to think about a certain grey eyed witch here" His expression was laughable, I chuckled as I watched him quietly exit my office leaving me to my thoughts.

I wonder what will happen if I called hell right now and ask her opinion on smith. Since when do I need or request other people's opinion on anything? Why would I release a man who wanted nothing more than to see me dead? Although he wasn't the first one, and by God I thought, he wouldn't be the last.

I thought of hell, her grey eyes that always held too much affection, too much emotion. Her straight small nose that never failed to scrunch in disgust if she didn't like something, her full long dark curtain of hair, how soft and silky it had felt, how it flowed like liquid fire through my fingers, and her lips, full, and pink, warm, soft and sweet. Lips that promised pleasure, sin and hell.

I had no problem going to hell, in fact if you consider everything I've done in my life up to this point, I probably have an estate there in my name.

I shifted in my seat and closed my eyes. I placed a hand on my chest feeling for the steady beat of the only thing that was evidence, that I was still alive. I had to stop breathing just so I could feel the steady slow rhythm, it was there.

"Belle" I murmured like a spell or a prayer, not sure. "Beauty". Her grey eyes and smiling lips flashed in my head. "So fucking true".

Belle's POV

"Arghhh just kiss already" Sam mumbled from her position on the couch, her long smooth legs dangling from the coffee table at the middle of the sitting room. I was seated across from her, facing the flat screen tv. We were currently wasting our time watching one of those Indian series that was so annoying and interesting at the same time, I mean, come on, what was the point of staring stupidly at one another for minutes and when they get close enough that their noses touched, you'd think 'yeah they are finally going to kiss' that's when the girl decides to run and the boy just stares after her like a fool. I mean seriously, it's annoying.