forty six

''Oh my god! mom what are you doing here?''                                                                                               ''Uhmm I live here, it's my house" My mom replied and rushed to sit between Sam and I on the        couch. "Everything. I want to hear everything''.

"Nope.'' I said shaking my head.  "I'm not discussing my...........Nope"

Mom clasped her fingers around my arm as I tried to stand and make a quick getaway. "Oh come on honey, we never get to talk about these things. Even when you were in highschool, I'm starting to worry about you".

"Worry about me?" I asked incredulously, this woman was driving me crazy and Sam just shrugged as if saying 'Whatever'.

"Yes. I was beginning to think that.....that maybe you're a little different". My jaw dropped, literally my mouth was hanging opened like the hinges of a broken door.

"Oh my god. MOM!" Sam burst out laughing while I just stared at my mother like she was an alien.

"What did you expect me to think? You didn't date throughout highschool, you didn't say anything about any boyfriend in college either. I have a perfectly healthy, beautiful and intelligent daughter who didn't date because of......?" She said giving me an accusing look as if I was supposed to answer.

"Mom I didn't date in college because I was juggling two different jobs and also studying!"

"Are you trying to make me feel guilty here?"

"No. Mom I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like that.....it's just......" Sometimes it was just plain hard for people to understand. 

I wanted something different, something meaningful. All my life I've had guys ask me out to dinner, some I actually liked, some I just appreciated but it was always the same. Candle light dinner in a fancy restaurant, movies in expensive theaters. 

"Honey what is it? I get it, it's not bad that we all want something different. I didn't settle for less either, it's why I got your father. Do you know what I told your father when I first met him?" She asked with a fond smile on her lips.

"That he had a nice ass?" I asked smiling, mom giggled waving her hand at me.

"Actually that was the second time, when he bent to help me pick up my books" 

"You did not!" I said laughing along with Sam. "What did you tell him?"

"He told me that he felt sparks whenever he was with me, so I told him that I didn't want sparks. I told him that I wanted more, that I wanted something different. I told him that I wanted an explosion''

I felt my heartbeat pick up it's pace thinking back to when I was with Mr Wilde. "Really?".

"Yes, honey I'm sorry if you think I am the reason why you didn't get to go out more..."

"No, mom I was wrong to say that and make you feel guilty. you're right, I wanted something different all along, that's why I didn't bother dating" I said holding her hands, trying to lighten the mood I said. "Besides I have a boyfriend now, and did I mention that he's super hot and richer than the devil". And a little bit of a psycho plus our relationship was fake? I thought shaking my head.

"When are you going to invite him home for dinner?"

"Yeah belle, when?" Sam said with a toothy grin.

"I will mom, when the time is right. I promise". 

 ******************************************************************************************
 I was absolutely insane to have promised mom something like that, I thought as I checked the timers on the oven, knowing who Jayson Wilde is he'd try to manipulate me into doing something in return for him, plus my feelings for him were still uncertain, I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of him again. 

"Belle?" Claire called popping head into the kitchen. "Lucy needs you, it's the boys".

"I'll be right there" I said with a frustrated sigh, can a day go by without the twins getting themselves in trouble. I yanked the apron off my neck, doing the same with the hair net.

"Uhrrm...belle.." Claire said biting her lips.

"What is it Claire?".

"I think there's been an accident".

"What?".