chapter twenty one

"Thanks" I said then hanged up.

I dialed Mr Wilde's number. Yeah well after he had called me that night, I added it to my contact list.

After the fourth ring my call went to voicemail. I tried again it did the same thing, no answer. I finally gave up after calling him the seventh time. I'd have to go to him myself, which was a huge blow to my ego, but then I'll do anything to sort this mess out.

*******************************

Jayson's P.O.V

Flashback.

I was very sick. The doctors said I had to undergo a very dangerous surgery. Most hospitals rejected me because the surgery was too dangerous, and both the patient and the doctor were at risk.

My parents abandoned me because of my illness. But then God sent an angel to me inform of a doctor. He was willing to save my life even when people objected to it.

He was my savior. And miraculously he became my father. Maybe he liked me or pitied me I wasn't sure. But I'm fine and happy. I'm really happy.

End of flashback.

I raised my head from the file I was reading as soon as I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I answered.

"Sir. Miss Henderson is here to see you" Kim my assistant secretary said standing by the door way.

Just the person I was waiting for. I had expected her to come running once she saw the paper. Although I had expected no less from the reporters, I wasn't bothered.

"Hmmmm, send her in".

Even among my employees I've heard whispers, about the news not that I cared one bit about what they say, as long as it doesn't stop them from doing their work.

My decision to drag her into this was plainly for my own good. I knew if words got out that I was seeing someone, reporters would come sniffing around her leaving me off the hook.

This time when there was another knock on the door, it was belle who entered shutting the door behind her.

She wore a blue ripped jean and a pink sweater, and a matching scarf around her neck. Her dark glossy hair was in it usual ponytail. She was a pretty little thing, had the eyes that could charm a fool off his pants, and a full pink pouty lips that promised pleasure and sin. Again her face was bare of any makeup but she still had the face of an angel.

She sat opposite me. "I didn't ask you to sit".

"How charming. I'm not happy to see you too" She sneered. "I called you several times".

"Hmmmm, did you?".

"Yes. I did. See" She thrust her phone at my face.

I chuckled when I saw what she had saved my number as. "Dripping sexiness. Really?".

Her normal pale skin was stained with blush. She wasn't making eye contact, looking everywhere else but me. Shy. Uncomfortable.

"I didn't.......I mean.......that's not why I'm here" she snapped. "Did you see the paper?".

"So?".

"So!" She asked surprised. "That's what you have to say. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this".

"You obviously don't expect me to throw tantrums now, do you?".

She made a face. "Why didn't you pick my calls?".