chapter seven

I stopped my car in front of Wilde cooperation it was a huge and tall glass building. I walked inside and saw different men and women in suit it wasn't like any other company where everyone was running around the sheer beauty of the whole place spoke of power and elegance, people walked like they owned the very ground.

I walked toward the receptionist who smiled at me i did the same.

"Good morning miss, what can i do for you?" She said still smiling at me.

"I would like to see Mr  Wilde" i said and i didn't miss the look of disgust on her face which annoyed me.

"Am sorry miss, but you  can't".

"And why can't i? Is he in a meeting i can wait for him if he is". I said sounding desperate.

"Am afraid you can't miss as Mr Wilde isn't available at the moment" She said.

"Oh errhhmm when will he be available please?" I asked.

"Am sorry i can't say".

"Oh.... thanks for your time" I said and walked toward the exit.

When i got into my car i slammed the door hard unable to control my anger. Why wasn't he here? the receptionist had to be lying who doesn't go to their work place on a Monday. apparently i wasn't at mine.

I drove to the police station. With or without Mr Wilde i was going to get Mr Dawson out. When i told my mom about meeting Jayson Wilde she had said if he doesn't agree to let  Mr Dawson go she was going to go to him herself. Knowing my mother she could be unreasonable sometimes. I don't want to be going to the station to see more than one person.

I entered the station and saw officer Hopper i walked to him immediately. The last time i was here on Saturday it had been officer Alexander i had seen and i figured he didn't like me that much because he didn't let me see Mr Dawson and he kept glaring at me for some reason i couldn't name.

"Officer Hopper" I said smiling at him.

"Miss" he said nodding his head.

"Uhhhhmmm please i would like to talk to John Dawson. Please i really need to talk to him" I said and saw his eyes soften he was definitely a softie.

"Hold on miss, hey Allen get John Dawson for her" he said to a big looking guy who looked like he would do well as a bouncer than an officer.

"Thank you very much".

"Don't mention it miss" he said and gestured for me to follow  Allen.

When we got to a room he asked me to wait. He came back minutes later with Mr Dawson and left, immediately i went to hug him.

"Belle what are you doing here?" He asked in a shaky voice.

"I couldn't leave you alone here" I said leading him toward a chair." how have you been, are they treating you well?".

"Of course they are. Last night i ate lasagna and tonight am going to get a body massage" he said in a sarcastic tone which made me roll my i was glad that at least he didn't lose his touch of making people look stupid with just a question.

"Please i need you to tell me everything. What's the deal between you and Jayson Wilde?" I said looking at him and didn't miss the look of disappointment in his eyes and every trace of the proud, energetic and funny professor i knew was gone.

"What's wrong? tell me please i just can't leave you here you need to tell me so i can help" I said and squeezed his hands.

"It's about money belle a deal gone wrong or just with the wrong person" he said looking ashamed.