chapter fourteen

"Am sure you didn't. Soon every one of my employees would think it's okay to steal from me, then hit the road" He said looking at me like, he expected me to answer.

"Arresting his father? That's  gone too far. Are you even looking for this guy?".

"No" He said. I nodded at him, and then it hit me.

"What!" I all but screamed. "You aren't even looking for him?" Was this guy crazy? How can he say that like it was the, most obvious thing.

"Why aren't you looking for him?".

"Because he would come to me himself" He said with a shrug.

"Oh so you have a magic wand, that you can just wave around, and voilà he's right in front of you".

"As much as i would like to find your sarcasm cute. I hate it. I suggest you choose your words carefully before, you speak to me again" He said. Green eyes burning holes into my skin.

"You can't keep John locked up till his son, decides it's time to finally come home" I said annoyance evident in my voice.

"I can and i will" He said calmly. How someone can go from terrifyingly angry, to being calm was beyond my knowledge.

"Am going to get a lawyer. You think just because you are rich, and mighty you can do whatever the hell you want. Very well then, be expecting words from my lawyer" I said standing up to leave.

"Am curious about one thing" He said making me stop in my track.

"What" I asked glaring at him.

"Are you just stupid or naturally clueless?" He looking pointedly at me.

"Look here....." I said about to give him a piece of my mind, but was cut off.

"Do you think hiring some shit head lawyer is going to change anything? I have evidence that points every guilty finger, at your old man. You are only going to make things worse for him. And you don't even have a chance" He said like this was fun to him. He was definitely a psychopath.

I thought things through from his point of view, and realized he was right. A fact i hate to admit.

"Tell me something" He said interrupting my thoughts. "Why do you desperately want to help him?".

I sat down. "He's like a father to me. Haven't you ever felt the need to help someone you love?"

He looked like he didn't understand anything i said. He looked at me before saying. "Unfortunately i haven't. Since i have a strict rule of minding my own business, an attribute of which you lack".

I only glared at him in reply. "But since you badly want to help him. I'll offer you a deal".

"Deal? What deal?" I asked eyeing him warily. I didn't trust him, people like him don't just offer deals out of the blue.

"The thing is i need a woman. You are a woman. I want you to pretend like my girlfriend for three months. You agree to that, i make just one phone call that gets your dear old Johnny out".

"Wait. You want me to pretend to be your girlfriend for three months. If i agree you'll get Mr Dawson released?" I said looking at him like, i was seeing him for the first time. Was he nuts?.

"I believe you heard me, you don't look like you have difficulty hearing".

"Are you insane?" I said forgetting all about his warning, about choosing my words before talking to him.

"How can you just sit there and say something as trivial, as this like you are talking about the weather?  I mean you don't even know me. And you have done nothing but insult me ever since we met, and now you are asking me this?".

"Don't be mistaken, am not asking. I already know what i need to know about you. I can easily get someone else......".

"Why don't you?" I said cutting him off. My  head was spinning, not being able to comprehend what was going on. What exactly does he know about me?.

"You just save me the trouble. You need my help, and am offering it the best way i can, after all it's a give and take world".

I had too many questions to ask. But if i accepted this crazy offer, it means Mr Dawson would be a free man.

"I need to think about this. I don't even know you, well apart from what they say about you on the internet" I said biting my lips.

His eyes darkened. "You don't need to know anything. You just have to be by my side, and act your role".

"Why do you even need a girlfriend?".

"Why i need a girlfriend is for me to know, and for you to shut up".

"Then how the fuck am i supposed to know, the kind of hell am getting myself into. And with that attitude of yours, am not surprised you don't have a girlfriend. At least am glad there's something your, billion dollar wallet cannot buy" I said clenching my teeth to refrain from saying more.

If looks could kill. I sure as hell would be six feet under right now. Maybe i shouldn't have said anything at all. I braced myself for an insult, or that he had changed his mind.

"You amaze me" He said every traces of anger gone, like it was never there. What the actual fuck? Was he bipolar?. "I don't have time sit around till, you make up your mind. I need an answer right now or you can forget about it".

However that wasn't what i was expecting him to say. I wasn't complaining.

Once Mr Dawson was free, i could think of something to get me out if this cursed deal. Until then i had to play along.

"Okay. But......".

"That's all i need to hear".

I groaned getting pissed. Why doesn't he always let me finish my sentences?.

"Are you going to release him today?" I asked.

"Yes. You can go now, I'll call you to tell you what to do".

"That's it? How did you get my number?" How much did he know about me? I didn't even tell him my name.

"I did my homework right" He said with smile, a genuine smile. And I froze he had a dimple on both his cheeks. I was a sucker for dimples. Just there and then, i realized i had gotten myself into one hell of a big deal.

I stood up to leave, then turned to him. "One word of advice" i said looking into his hypnotising eye. "Build a stairs that goes straight to the 100th floor, that elevator is a death ride".

"There hasn't been an accident in the last five years, regarding the elevator" He looking at me like he was trying to figure something out.

"There will be soon. I think my heart is going to explode just by looking at it".

"That's your problem. Now please kindly get out of my office".

"Dick" I muttered before walking out, dreading the journey back to my car.