chapter eight

"Did you borrow from him? did he put you here because you couldn't pay him back? what kind of deal are you talking about?".

"No it's not that" he said.

"Then tell me. I can't just leave you here, i can't bear to see you like this" I said tearing up what kind of person would i be if i couldn't even help him.

"No dear don't cry, i didn't borrow money from him Dave did".

"Dave? Who is Dave?".

"My son, Dave was my son" he said and i couldn't close my mouth. He had son but he and his wife said they never had any child.

"But.......but you....".

"I know what i said dear. I lied and am sorry but the truth is i and my pearl had a son".

"Wait you said had. Did something happen is he dead?".

" No he  isn't, we disowned him".

"What!. I mean why would you do something like that?" He and his wife both loved children so why would they reject the one they have.

"He wasn't a good kid no matter what we did to change him. I thought he was going through a phrase, you know every teenager goes through one. We did everything we could for him but it wasn't enough he got involved in all kind of stuffs bad ones, he does drugs and also does business with bad people and i couldn't take it anymore. My Ellie would cry herself to sleep every night most teens spend their times with friends having fun but he spent most of his in jail for different types of atrocities like rape, harassment. I couldn't take it, he brought shame to me and my Ella so i disowned him and he never came back not even once he never did" he said crying and i couldn't take it i moved closer to him and patted his back.

I was still confused i didn't see how this was related to anything he hadn't come back home in years because when Ellie died i didn't see anyone claiming to be her son at the funeral.

"How is this possible? he isn't even here, how did he even meet Jayson Wilde?".

"He fools people into making them think he's some kind of business man, though am not sure how he met Wilde but i know he stole from him and he signed my name as his".

"What! what kind of son would do that to his own father?"

"He came to me and asked for my help but i refused him, so i think he did it to get revenge".

" Where is he?" I asked if we could find him then Mr Dawson would be free but really what kind of son would be so cruel to his father.

"I don't know he just came out of the blues and left without a trace".

" But you must have explained to Mr Wilde, he knows this doesn't he?".

"He does but he wouldn't let me go until Dave turns up".

" Don't worry am going to get you out of here i don't know how but i will".

"No belle am okay just don't get involved in all this. Whenever Dave is involved in something it's always dangerous, he is gone so there is no use  worrying".

" So Dave is gone and you expect me to leave it at that? for god sake you are innocent and Mr Wilde is too stupid to see that am not going to give up just because your son is gone, for all we know he could be in some other country enjoying himself while you are here taking his fall for him it doesn't even make sense".

"No girl you don't........".

"No" I cut him off before he could continue "the next time i come here it would be to take you home and i don't want to hear any more arguments" I said looking at him.

"The officer told me you were here on Saturday and you caused a lot of trouble" he said smiling though i knew he wasn't happy but i was glad for the change of subject.

"Yea and even if i didn't come mother was going to anyway, and if she did i would be coming here for more than one person" I said chuckling.

"She is always so stubborn just like you" he said laughing.